- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Incredible wildlife of the Ngorongoro Crater
- Endless savannahs of the Serengeti National Park
- Coral reefs and beautiful beaches of Zanzibar.
A perfect mix of wildlife and relaxation, this tour combines the amazing wildlife of the Serengeti National Park with the relaxing tropical paradise that is Zanzibar Island, and offers a great introduction to Tanzania. This is an overland tour, travelling in a fully equipped comfortable expedition truck, with two options available for your accommodation each night, either staying in hotels and lodges or mainly camping.
Arriving in Nairobi we head south across the border to Arusha, gateway to the wildlife heart of Tanzania. From here there is an optional 3 night camping excursion into the Serengeti National Park, making stops at the Ngorongoro crater, home to an unrivalled density of wildlife, and Olduvai Gorge, birth place of man. Alternatively you can remain with the group and be based outside the park with a full day excursion inside the Ngorongoro Crater and a hike to Elephant Cave included plus free time for additional activities available locally.
After our wildlife experience we head towards Zanzibar and the coast. We spend the last three days of our tour relaxing on the tropical paradise that is Zanzibar Island. There is plenty to do including the historic World Heritage Site of Stone Town, bustling markets, spice tours, swimming, snorkelling or just a bit of sunbathing. We finish with a transfer back to Dar es Salaam where the tour comes to an end.
The tour is available either based mainly on camping in traditional 2-person tents (which we provide together with camp beds), or as an upgraded 'accommodated' version where you sleep in lodges, hotels, or permanent camps (with proper beds & facilities). Details of each night's stay are given in the Facilities section of the daily itinerary. Pricing shown is based on camping - please contact us for prices to upgrade to the accommodated level.
Day 1 : Nairobi to Arusha
Day 2 : Karatu
Day 3 : Ngorongoro Crater Excursion
Day 4 : Karatu tour and optional activities
Day 5 : Back to Arusha
Day 6 : To the coastal town of Bagamoyo
Day 7 : Ferry to Zanzibar and visit Stone Town
Day 8 : Spice tour, then free time or optional activities
Day 9 : Jozani Forest, then free time or optional activities
Day 10 : Tour ends in Dar es Salaam
- 9 nights accommodation camping or in hotels/lodges/guesthouses (supplement applies)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport using our 25-seat expedition vehicle
- 2 truck crew (driver/guide plus assistant/cook)
- Local guides for sightseeing tours and activities as per the itinerary
- 3 nights in Serengeti campsites if choosing the optional excursion
- All 'included highlights' as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights (available on request)
- Serengeti Camping Excursion and locally available options
- 'Accommodated hotel upgrade' (hotels/lodges/permanent camps instead of camping)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Entrance fees and activities not mentioned above
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Savannahs & Sands tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 November 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Savannahs & Sands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Savannahs & Sands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.