- Walking tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 22
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Do Mt Kilimanjaro via the incredible scenic Machame route, passing through cloud forest and moorland zones to the glaciated precipices of Kibo’s south face.
- You'll be in great hands during your trek – with one guide for every two passengers – so all you’ll have to worry about is soaking up the scenery and keeping your footing!
- Explore the Serengeti National Park in depth with four game drives – two earlymorning and two lateafternoon – through this spectacular wildlife arena.
- Take a mindblowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an openroof 4WD for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros.
Experience some of Kenya and Tanzania's most famous natural wonders on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Intrepid. This 16-day adventure will see you tackling the most challenging and scenic way to the roof of Africa on a trek along the Machame route to summit of Mt Kilimanjaro. Once you descend, embark on an overland journey across the Serengeti plains and enjoy multiple game drives to seek out Africa's iconic animals. Descend to the floor of the gigantic Ngorongoro Crater in pursuit of elephants, lions, and elusive rhino. This tour is non-stop active action that's perfect for independent travellers who love a challenge.
all in all a great tour.”
Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park
Ngorongoro Crater – Mto wa Mbu
Barafu Camp / Uhuru Peak
Uhuru Peak / Millennium Camp or Mweka Camp
- Camping (with facilities) (3 nights), Camping (with basic facilities) (8 nights), Cottage (1 night), Hotel (3 nights)
- 15 Breakfasts, 13 Lunches, 14 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , minibus , 4x4 Safari Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Kisii - Soapstone carving cooperative
- Serengeti National Park - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Ngorongoro Crater - 4x4 Game Drive
- Mto Wa Mbu - Village walk & local dinner
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Trek Briefing
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Complimentary equipment hire (sleeping bag and walking poles) - must be requested at time of booking
- Fully catered trek including National Park entrance fees, climbing fee, tented camps with toilet tent & rescue services (7 days)
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Porterage of 1 bag (9kg/20lb max)
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Return transfers from hotel to park gate
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Emergency oxygen and comprehensive first aid kits
- Moshi - Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Moshi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Safari to Kilimanjaro - Machame Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 314 today.
- Earn US$ 208+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Safari to Kilimanjaro - Machame Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Safari to Kilimanjaro - Machame Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Safari to Kilimanjaro - Machame Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Camping in the Serengeti National Park with no barriers between you and the animals is amazing, but it's important to heed the safety advice of your leader. You'll be briefed on arrival.
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page at intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland.
- You'll need a good level of fitness for the Kili section of this trip. The distances may not be long, but the altitude makes it much harder than your average uphill hike.
- Tried and tested all-purpose hiking equipment is required for the Mt Kilimanjaro trek. Temperatures at night can get very low when you're above 3500 metres, so warm clothing and a sleeping bag are essential. You can hire this equipment if need be.
- Your safety comes first. Our experienced guides will monitor each passenger for any signs of acute mountain sickness. If you show any signs, you'll descend immediately with a guide.
- Hiking for several days without a shower can be tough – be prepared for some dust and dirt. A mask, wet wipes and face washer may become your best friends!
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions