- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 26
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Optional trip to 'Crocodile Market' in Arba Minch
- Visit Konso and the Konzo Cultural Centre
- Overland the desolate stretch between Ethiopia and Kenya
- Overnight around the camp fire with Samburu villagers
A short 10-day expedition from the lands of the tribes of the Rift Valley of Ethiopia, crossing the deserts of Northern Kenya and onto the plains and Rift Valley of Kenya. This trip is an off-the-beaten-track journey, allowing us to visit areas of Africa that are much less visited that most of East Africa. But it still has plenty to write home about including a wonderful village stay with the Samburu people (a pastoralist tribe closely related to the Maasai), a safari in Samburu National Reserve (one of the finest wildlife reserves in the country) and a visit to the Elsamere Born Free Foundation by Lake Naivasha.
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Naivasha
Day 3: Naro Moru
Day 4: Naro Moru
Day 5: Samburu Village
Day 6: Samburu National Reserve
Day 7: Moyale
Day 8: Konso
Day 9: Arba Minch
Day 10: Arba Minch
- Overland Expedition Vehicle
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Camping 7 nights
- Comfortable Hotel 2 nights
- 9 Breakfasts
- 6 Lunches
- 6 Dinner
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Arba Minch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Rift Valley, Culture & Wildlife tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Rift Valley, Culture & Wildlife tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Rift Valley, Culture & Wildlife tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Rift Valley, Culture & Wildlife tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.