- duration 1 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the breeding center for the Rothschild Giraffe, found only in East Africa
- Explore the elephant and rhino nursery inside Nairobi's National Park
- Enjoy Africa’s greatest eating experience
Experience a total nature adventure! Visit the Giraffe Center, a unique breeding center for the rare Rothschild Giraffe, as well as Daphne & David Sheldrick's Elephant and Rhino Orphanage. Finish with a delicious lunch at the exciting Carnivore Restaurant.
Start your adventure at the giraffe centre, a successful breeding center for the rare Rothschild Giraffe, found only in East Africa. The center was established in the 1970's by Jock Leslie-Melville, who successfully raised a baby Rothschild giraffe at what was then his home, in the Langata area of Nairobi. The breeding program has been very successful and several successful giraffe couples are back in the wild. An education center to teach school children about conservation has also done important work to raise local awareness about conservation issues. Continue the day visiting Daphne & David Sheldrick's Elephant and Rhino Orphanage, located inside the Nairobi National Park has been raising elephant orphans since the 1950's.
Daphne Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage looks after and supports orphaned baby elephants and rhinos that have lost their mothers to poaching especially in and around Tsavo National Park, death, injuries, on getting lost in the wild or other tragedies. It is worth a visit to the park to see the young elephants interacting with their keepers – playing, taking mud baths and being fed with milk. After spending time in the wild with the babies, get ready for an incredible lunch at the Carnivore Restaurant.
Considered “Africa’s greatest Eating Experience”, the restaurant offers a "Beast of a Feast" . The meat is pinned onto Maasai spears and braised over a huge charcoal pit in the center of the restaurant. The meat used to be exotic game, but now comes from four legged beasts that everyone recognizes, namely pork, lamb, beef with the occasional ostrich and crocodile thrown in. The food is accompanied with "dawa", a staple Carnivore cocktail that will enhance your mood and make you brave enough to try some of the hottest accompanying sauces.
- All park entry fees, service charge and taxes
- Accommodation pick-up and drop-off
- Visit Giraffe Centre, David Sheldrick and lunch at carnivore restaurant
- Professional English speaking driver guide
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drinks
- Optional activities
- Optional gratuities
- Bookmundi is partner with Bamba . You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 9 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 54 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 16 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Nairobi Giraffe, Elephant & Rhino Experience (Including Carnivore Lunch) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nairobi Giraffe, Elephant & Rhino Experience (Including Carnivore Lunch) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.