- Walking tour
- Food tour
- Ground transfers
- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Nairobi, Kenya
- Discover the highlights of Nairobi from a local perspective
- Check out the national parliament buildlings and other significant sights like the National Archives
- Wander past the Mzee Jomo Kenyatta Mausoleum and drop in on the poignant August 7th Memorial Park
- Enjoy a morning walk through picturesque Uhuru Park
Nairobi is a sprawling, perenially busy city that's hard to crack on your own. Join this Nairobi tour and benefit from a local guide who'll not only show you the sights but also lead you to the perfect lunch spot to try some local cuisine.
After a brief introductory meeting with your local guide, head off to explore Nairobi! Walking through the streets of Nairobi and travelling by public transport provides plenty of opportunity to mingle with the locals as they go about their daily lives, making this a pretty solid local experience in our books.
Your Nairobi walking tour will kick off with a stroll through Uhuru Park, right in the heart of the city, before wandering past the parliament buildings and the mausoleum of the first president of Kenya, Mzee Jomo Kenyatta.
This Nairobi tour continues with a look at the Kenyatta Conference Centre and the August 7th Memorial Park, which was built to commemorate the bombing of the US Embassy. We'll also give you the opportunity to visit the Kenya National Archives and various other sites within the city centre, based on your interests and our route.
Another key local experience is food, so it's no surprise that this Nairobi city tour includes the opportunity to sample local cuisine at lunch at a local restaurant. Eat like a local, chat with locals, see Nairobi like a local...soon you'll pretty much BE a local! (well, not quite, but you know what we're getting at...)
After devouring your lunch, your Nairobi walking tour will walk itself right back on over to the meeting point, where you'll end your tour full of local knowledge and delicious food. Not too shabby, non?
- Local lunch.
- Local transportation
- Local English speaking guide
- All drinks
- transportation to / from the starting point hotel
- tips or gratuities for your local guide
- items of a personal nature.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Nairobi Experience tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 May 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Nairobi Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nairobi Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, Junction of Jakaya Kikwete and Ralph Bunche Roads, Milimani, Nairobi, KenyaMeeting end point :
Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, Junction of Jakaya Kikwete and Ralph Bunche Roads, Milimani, Nairobi, KenyaCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.