- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Climb Africa’s second highest mountain standing at 5,199m
- Enjoy a spectacular sunrise with views over Mt Kilimanjaro
- Admire Kenya’s large variety of wildlife and unique plants
- Hike through the region’s diverse landscapes
Get ready for one of the best treks in Africa! Embark on this amazing 4-day journey to climb Africa’s second highest mountain - Mount Kenya. Hike via the scenic Sirimon Route and enjoy a stunning sunrise at Point Lenana, the “trekkers’ summit”.
Day 1: Nairobi-Mount Kenya, Kenya
Day 2: Mount Kenya, Kenya
Day 3: Mount Kenya, Kenya
Day 4: Mount Kenya-Nairobi, Kenya
- 3 nights in huts
- 3 Breakfast(s)
- 4 Lunch(es)
- 3 Dinner(s)
- Nairobi accommodation pick-up & drop-off
- Return transfers from Nairobi to Mount Kenya Base Camp
- Active, multi-day trek of Mount Kenya
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Treated water on trek
- All camping equipment & sleeping tents
- Park fees
- Other drinks & meals
- Tips and gratitude
- Personal expenses
- Optional expenses
- Accommodation in Nairobi
- Travellers Insurance (Available for purchase)
- Kenyan visaSleeping bags
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 54 today.
- Earn US$ 36+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mount Kenya Trek (Sirimon Route) 4D/3N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 April 2021, a deposit of 30% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 89 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mount Kenya Trek (Sirimon Route) 4D/3N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mount Kenya Trek (Sirimon Route) 4D/3N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Note: Best months for climbing Mount Kenya are January, July, August and December
About Sirimon Route
A trek through Sirimon Route is like no other. It providers trekkers the opportunity of experiencing an easier and shorter trek than Naromoru while still experiencing all the beauty of the surroundings as they pass through the drier side of the mountain. The route begins in the northwest and passes through the forest to reach the summit area. There is adequate access to the area and bunk housing facilities are best on this side of the mountain.
* Private Trek: You can upgrade to a private trek for an additional cost.
* Accommodation: Will be in campgrounds. All your equipment will be carried by vehicles or local porters; you will only have to carry a daypack with personal gear.
* Meals: Will be prepared from fresh and local products. Good standards of hygiene will be used and all food is prepared by our own staff. We can cater for special dietary requirements and there are no extra food-kitty payments.
* Physical Requirements: You do not need to be a professional climber to enjoy the scenes of Mount Kenya, but you do need to be physically fit. The climb is well worth the effort and no technical skill is needed.
* Visa Information: Most nationalities can now apply directly for their visa online prior to arrival. See if you are eligible: https://immigration.ecitizen.go.ke/index.php?id=6
An extra day for acclimatization before the trek is strongly recommended and can be arranged for an additional cost.
On day 3, an optional hike down via Chogoria route available at an extra cost.
ALL SAFARIS START AT 0830HRS
PICK UP TIMES FROM CLIENTS ACCOMMODATIONS DEPENDS ON THE LOCATION OF EACH HOTEL CLIENTS HAVE BOOKED
SOME ACCOMMODATIONS ARE WAYOUT OF THE CITY AND WILL NEED PICK-UPS AS EARLY AS 0630HRS OR 0700HRS TO BE ABLE TO MAKE IT IN TIME FOR THE DEPARTURE AT 0830HRS.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols