- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb Point Lenana (4985m), the highest trekking peak on Mt Kenya
- Traverse Mount Kenya from East to West via the Chogoria and Sirimon routes
- Ascend via the quieter and more dramatic Chogoria route
- Delight in the beautiful alpine scenery and views
A challenging ascent of Kenya's highest peak. Mt Kenya is regarded as the most visually stunning of the ice-capped African peaks and is home to a great diversity of wildlife, including leopard, elephant and buffalo. The ascent is an exhilarating and diverse trek, arguably the finest trek in Kenya, with relatively few hikers compared to Kilimanjaro. Many would argue that Mount Kenya, whilst not being as high as Kili, is certainly the more enjoyable, interesting and dramatic of the two mountains. The Chogoria/Sirimon Route offers the best combination of alpine scenery and acclimatisation as we ascend via spectacular Lake Michaelson and Lake Ellis to the trekking peak of Kenya, at Point Lenana (4985m). Our traverse continues to the north where we descend the stunning Sirimon trail with dramatic views.
Day 1 : Join Nairobi
Day 2 : Drive to Mt Kenya National Park
Day 3 : Ascend Mt Kenya via Lake Ellis (3500m)
Day 4 : Trek to Lake Michaelson (4000m)
Day 5 : Trek to Simba Tarn (4560m)
Day 6 : Ascend Point Lenana (4985m), descend via Mackinders Valley to Old Moses Camp (3400m)
Day 7 : Descend Sirimon Valley to gate and transfer to Nairobi
- 1 night in 3 star hotel on a twinshare basis
- 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 5 dinners
- Private return transfers from Nairobi to Mt Kenya
- Experienced local guides, cook and camp crew
- 5 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent (sleeping bag and mat not included)
- Porters to carry personal and group equipment
- Park entrance fees valued at US$300
- International flights
- arrival and departure transfers
- Sleeping bags & sleeping mats
- Restaurant meals in Nairobi and meals not mentioned in the itinerary as included.
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Additional transport or accommodation required due to any emergency situation. (This would be covered by an adequate insurance)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 121 today.
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mount Kenya Ascent tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mount Kenya Ascent tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mount Kenya Ascent tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.