- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- 3 night wildlife safari in the Maasai Mara
- Take an optional sunset hot air balloon ride over Maasai Mara
- Look for big cats and other amazing wild animals
- Explore the lower slopes of Mount Kenya
This 2-week overland trip gives a reasonably quick but thorough insight into East Africa and two of its most iconic countries, Uganda and Kenya.There are excellent wildlife viewing opportunities and we hope to spot big games such as cheetah, leopard, lion and buffalo in Samburu National Reserve, both Black and White rhino in Nakuru National Park and herds of zebra and wildebeest among the rolling grasslands of the Maasai Mara National Reserve.While in the Samburu region spend a night in a Samburu village; the Samburu are a sub-tribe of the Maasai which has stuck more keenly to their ancient traditions. We camp in the heart of the village, seeing traditional dancing and learning about their way of life and customs.We also visit Jinja, famous as the historic source of the Nile River and now the adventure activity capital of East Africa, offering white-water rafting, bungee jumping, quad-biking and horse-riding all in a beautiful natural setting.
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Masai Mara
Day 3: Masai Mara
Day 4: Naro Moru
Day 5: Naro Moru
Day 6: Samburu Village
Day 7: Samburu National Reserve
Day 8: Nakuru NP
Day 9: Nakuru NP
Day 10: Jinja
Day 11: Jinja
Day 12: Kampala
Day 13: Kampala
- 12 Breakfasts
- 11 Lunches
- 12 Dinner
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Private Bus, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, African Camp Master
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Kampala are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Maasai Mara & the White Nile tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Maasai Mara & the White Nile tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Maasai Mara & the White Nile tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Maasai Mara & the White Nile tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.