- Road trips
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 22
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Spend the night in a Maasai village to learn about life from community elders, visit a widows’ community and maybe even learn to throw a spear.
- Venture into the incredible Masai Mara National Reserve for a fullday game drive in an opentop 4WD, looking for lions, cheetahs, elephants, giraffes and more.
- An early morning game drive through Lake Nakuru National Park might be your best chance of seeing black and white rhinoceroses in the flesh.
- Take a cooking class in a small village and learn some Kenyan recipes, then share your creations at a camp dinner under the stars.
- You'll be in excellent hands for the duration of your trip, travelling with a crew of three experienced locals – a leader, driver and cook.
Immerse yourself in the animal kingdom on this eight-day Lonely Planet Experience. Veer off the beaten track to seek out elephants, hippos, leopards and lions against the impressive backdrop of the Great Rift Valley and Lake Naivasha. Then, staying in the world-famous Masai Mara, deepen your understanding of Kenyan culture by experiencing tribal life in Loita Hills as you’re welcomed into the homes of the Maasai warriors and their proud village community. Join Lonely Planet and Intrepid on this perspective-shifting journey of unforgettable moments and memorable wildlife encounters.
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 3: Lake Naivasha
Day 4: Lake Naivasha
Day 5: Loita Hills Maasai Village
Day 6: Masai Mara National Reserve
Day 7: Masai Mara National Reserve
Day 8: Nairobi
- Camping (with facilities) (5 nights), Hotel (1 night), Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night)
- 7 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , 4x4 safari vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Lake Nakuru - Village Walk & Cooking Class
- Lake Nakuru - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Loita Hills - Cultural talk and village visit
- Masai Mara - 4x4 Game Drive
- Masai Mara - 4x4 Game Drive
- Any international flights to/from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kenya Wildlife Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 36+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kenya Wildlife Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 June 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kenya Wildlife Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kenya Wildlife Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent, occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- In Loita Hills you will stay in a bush camp with no shower facilities. The rewards of experiencing Maasai culture, however, should more than make up for the lack of creature comforts.
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- You may also want to check out The Masai Heartlands trip if you have more time to explore in East Africa.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.