- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Meet the Rangers who work on the frontline in the area between Amboseli National Park, Chyulu Hills National Park & Kilimanjaro Park.
- Help support wildlife Rangers of Kenya with a USD $100 donation included in the price of the trip through The Intrepid Foundation and The Thin Green Line https://www.theintrepidfoundation.org/thethingreenlinefoundation
- Explore Nairobi National Park with local Rangers. Learn about the unique challenges of HumanWildlife conflict in a park that's not completely fenced.
- Visit Rangers at an outstation post and experience Africa from a different perspective, by accompanying the Rangers on foot patrol within the rhino sector of Chyulu Hills National Park.
This unique expedition takes you into the world of Kenya's inspiring rangers – the men and women on the frontline of wildlife conservation. Intrepid has partnered with The Thin Green Line Foundation, who protect nature's protectors, to give travellers an insight into the work – and risk – that goes into protecting wildlife and wild places. Beginning and ending in Nairobi, the expedition takes you behind the scenes of what it's like to be a Ranger. You will go on game drives and foot patrols with the Rangers working in the area between Amboseli, Chyulu Hills and Kilimanjaro national parks. You'll also spend time at the Ranger training academy learning what it takes to become a Ranger, and hear the true stories of what it takes to protect wildlife in this part of the world.
Big Life Ranger Headquarters / Kimana Sanctuary
Ranger Outstation / Kimana Sanctuary
Ranger Academy (Greater Amboseli)
Amboseli National Park
- Hotel (2 nights), Camping (with basic facilities (3 nights), Camping with facilities (1 night)
- 6 Breakfast, 4 Lunch, 4 Dinner
- Overland vehicle , 4x4 safari vehicle
- $100 (USD) Donation to The Thin Green Line
- Nairobi National Park - Ivory Burn Site visit
- Nairobi - Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Nairobi National Park - Game Drive (overland vehicle)
- Nairobi National Park - Ranger Introduction
- Kimana Sanctuary - Game Drive (overland vehicle)
- Greater Amboseli - Conservation Academy visit
- Chyulu Hills National Park - Rhino Foot Patrol
- Chyulu Hills National Park - Ranger Station visit
- Kimana Sanctuary - Elephant Sector 4x4 Game Drive
- Greater Amboseli - Ranger Training Academy visit
- Amboseli National Park - Afternoon 4x4 Game Drive
- Amboseli National Park - Morning 4x4 Game Drive
- Imbirikani Maasai Village - Village Visit
- Any international flights to/from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kenya: Wildlife Rangers Expedition tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Intrepid Travel. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 77 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 14 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kenya: Wildlife Rangers Expedition tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kenya: Wildlife Rangers Expedition tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description