- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Venture into the incredible Masai Mara National Reserve for a fullday game drive
- Make friends with warriors of the Maasai tribe around the camp fire; they'll be on guard for lions while you and your family camp overnight
- Get a taste of Nairobi, an exciting, cosmopolitan city of sterling restaurants, cafes and museums
- Keep your eyes peeled for black and white rhinos on an adventure through Lake Nakuru National Park
Swap the hubbub of Kenya's capital for the calls of flamingos, zebras and rhinos as you journey from Nairobi to Masai Mara. The impressive Great Rift Valley and Lake Naivasha make an unforgettable backdrop as you camp out under the stars. Trek across the plains in search of Africa's largest residents, including lions, cheetahs and elephants. Spend time with the Masaai people and experience their fascinating tribal culture. Witness conservation projects that help protect animals from harm and extinction.
Great Rift Valley and Loita Hills
- Hotel (1 night), Cottage (2 nights), Camping with facilities (4 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- Overland truck , 4 x 4 safari vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Nairobi - Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Nairobi - Langata Giraffe Sanctuary
- Lake Nakuru - Village walk
- Lake Nakuru - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Lake Naivasha - Game Walk in Crater Lake Game Sanctuary (entrance fee)
- Loita Hills - Cultural talk and village visit
- Loita Hills - Maasai Village Visit
- Masai Mara - 4x4 Game Drive
- Any international flights to/from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kenya Family Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 64+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kenya Family Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kenya Family Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kenya Family Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Please take into consideration if you are travelling with younger children that the going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads. A little bit of patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment of this beautiful land! Some days have driving times of 6-7 hours. Furthermore there will be early mornings, when Africa is at its best.
- This is a participatory camping trip and everyone will embrace the team spirit by helping with camp setup, food preparation and cleaning. You and your family will be putting up and taking down your tent as you move from place to place.
- In Loita Hills (Day 5) you will stay in a bush camp with no shower facilities. The rewards of experiencing the Maasai culture, however, should more than make up for the lack of creature comforts.
- Our purpose-built overland vehicles allow for excellent game viewing, equipped with large sliding windows. They have no air-conditioning, however, so they can get dusty and hot at times.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers