- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 22
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the Masai Mara National Reserve in 4x4 safari vans.
- Admire mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
- Search for chimpanzees in Kalinzu Forest.
- Take your pick of outdoor activities in Jinja
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Got Africa's incredible creatures on the brain? You'll have a chance to spot plenty on this 15-day overland adventure through Kenya and Uganda. Search for the "big five" in the Masai Mara, spot chimpanzees in the Kalinzu Forest, and join experienced trackers while travelling deep into the Ugandan forests for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spot endangered mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. It's like watching your favourite animal documentary screening (or, let's be real, animal Instagram account) in real life.
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Nairobi/Masai Mara
Day 3: Masai Mara
Day 4: Masai Mara/Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 5: Lake Nakuru National Park/Eldoret
Day 6: Eldoret/Kampala
Day 7: Kampala/Lake Bunyonyi
Day 8: Gorilla Trek
Day 9: Lake Bunyonyi
Day 10: Lake Bunyonyi/Kalinzu Forest Reserve
Day 11: Kalinzu Forest Reserve/Lake Mburo National Park
Day 12: Lake Mburo National Park/Jinja
Day 13: Jinja
Day 14: Jinja/Eldoret
Day 15: Eldoret/Nairobi
- Basic hotel (1 nt, single or twin-share), permanent tented camp (2 nts), participation camping (11 nts).
13 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 10 dinners
Note: Allow USD115-150 for meals not included.
- 7-seat 4x4 safari van, Lando (overland adventure vehicle), minibuses, walking.
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, certified safari guides/drivers, certified mountain gorilla trackers, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Café Ubuntu , Maai Mahiu
- Your G for Good Moment: AidChild Equation Cafe & Gallery, Kayabwe
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group, Nairobi
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Jinja
- Wildlife safari drives in Masai Mara National Reserve
- Safari in Lake Nakuru National Park
- Guided mountain gorilla trek in Bwindi with permits
- Entrance and chimpanzee tracking in Kalinzu Forest Reserve
- Tea plantation visit
- Transfer from Jinja to Nairobi
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kenya & Uganda Gorilla Overland: Forests & Wildlife Spotting tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 119+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kenya & Uganda Gorilla Overland: Forests & Wildlife Spotting tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kenya & Uganda Gorilla Overland: Forests & Wildlife Spotting tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kenya & Uganda Gorilla Overland: Forests & Wildlife Spotting tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.