- Local culture
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 9
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit 4 unique communities that are leading change in their communities
- Get an understanding of life in Maasai society
- See how women are achieving economic empowerment and supporting families
- Watch the hippos at a day at Lake Navaisha
On this 5-day tour we invite you to become involved in the sustainability programs that One Horizon supports, which are helping Kenya’s most vulnerable people step away from poverty and towards brighter futures. Visit a children’s feeding centre, an innovative city farm, and a women’s empowerment project, where you’ll have the opportunity to meet and engage with project leaders and various members of the communities who are making wonderful progress in creating a better life for all. This will give you fascinating insights into Kenyan culture that few tourists ever experience, and connect with people on a personal level. Also on this tour, visit a traditional Maasai village to learn about Kenyan tribal life, and enjoy a spot of wildlife-watching on a relaxing day trip to beautiful Lake Naivasha.
Day 1: Children's soup kitchen
Day 2: They Said It Cannot Be Done
Day 3: The Hippos of Lake Naivasha
Day 4: Grandmothers Love Their Pigs
Day 5: Become a Maasai for a Day
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 3 dinners
- Accommodation: 4 nights at Palacina Hotel
- Airport pick up and return (JK Int Airport)
- Transport and return each day from your hotel
- Alcoholic beverages
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationBring along some warm clothing as it can be chilly in the mornings and evenings. A hat and sunscreen are always handy although there is always shade and coverings at the centers Bring your swimming costumes as your hotel accommodation has a pool for you to relax in