- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit nutrition, farming & small business programs helping Kenyans overcome barriers
- Connect with Kenyan people and their culture
- Be part of our humanitarian team
- Spot hippos in Lake Naivasha
Meet women who are fighting their way out of poverty through a vocational training program designed to equip them with skills. Visit a Masai community and learn more about their culture. Take a trip to a centre where children get a hearty lunch.
Also included in the itinerary is Lake Naivasha, home to hippos and other wildlife. Please scroll down to the itinerary section for more details.
'Glenys went away talking about animals and came home talking about the people'. We ended (our trip to Africa) on a high by spending a day in Nairobi with One Horizon. I recommend this tour as a truly rewarding experience. The money paid buys pigs for women to start a pig-breeding and selling business, and thus support their families. We spent time with 2 beautiful grandmas, cooking chapatis together for lunch then seeing their home, vegetable garden and pigpens. Hearing their life stories brought tears to our eyes, but they have truly come a long way. Inspirational! Everyone we met was cheerful, friendly and happy to do anything for us. Their happiness was contagious!”
Day 1: Help a soup kitchen in Nairobi
Day 2: They said it could not be done
Day 3: Time out with hippos
Day 4: Grandmas really do love their pigs
Day 5: Become a Masai for a day
Day 6: A great day to end your week
- Meals: 5 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches & 3 Dinners
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Pickup and drop-off transfers to and from the international airport in Nairobi. Transfers to daily venues in air-conditioned vehicles from your hotel
- An experienced, English-speaking One Horizon Africa tour guide will be with you every step of the way
- A handmade Masai wrist band
- Kenya visa charges
- International flight tickets
- Travel insurance
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls, laundry, etc
- Gratuities (optional)
- Earn US$ 105+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease make sure to carry your camera to capture this unique experience and create amazing memories. What to wear Comfortable walking shoes, a hat and a sweater or a jacket. All our activities are low impact, but comfortable clothing will help you enjoy the experience even more. Mornings and evenings can be chilly. Bring sun screen and a hat as well. Your experience As well as visiting a new place and participating in different activities with the locals, this is another way to ensure sustainable improvement in people’s lives. Your guides All our tour guides are fluent in English, Swahili and other Kenyan languages. We can also arrange sign language interpreters on request. Your wellbeing If you require medications, please ensure you bring them with you on your journey with us.