- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7.5 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- Spend the day with Maasai tribeswomen in their ancestral homeland
- Learn the traditional art of Maasai jewellerymaking as you make your own wristband to keep
- Be immersed in the Maasai culture and experience traditional singing and dancing
- Leave the city behind and take in the vistas of the Ngong Hills
Get the total Maasai experience while supporting a local non-profit dedicated to alleviating poverty. Head beyond Nairobi to the stunning Ngong Hills, where you’ll learn to make Maasai jewellery, and discover the song and dance traditions of the local culture.
Nothing defines the Maasai so perfectly as the intricate and ornate jewellery that symbolises their cultural heritage. This full-day Nairboi tour is held in the Masai homelands around Ngong Hills, and captures the spirit and essence of Masai life.
This Nairobi tour is run in partnership with One Horizon Africa, a non-profit organisation dedicated to alleviating poverty in Kenya and South Africa that holds no religious or political affiliations. Tours are managed by a dedicated Kenyan staffing team who all have a background in travel and tourism, and have joined the team because of their commitment to helping their fellow citizens.
Your Nairobi tour will be led by two Maasai tribeswomen and sisters who learned the skills of Maasai jewellery-making from their grandmother. Sitting under cool acacia trees in the stunning countryside, you will make your own Masai wristband under their guidance, using the colour codes observed by the Masai. Best of all, you’ll get to keep your handmade jewellery as your own memento of the day.
If you like, you can also take part in traditional Maasai singing and dancing, which will be experienced as part of your day.
This In Focus experience offers a total cultural immersion that will leave you with memories for a lifetime!
All net proceeds of this tour will go to One Horizon Africa.
- Drop-off at your hotel
- Local English-speaking guide
- Unlimited bottled water
- Tea and coffee
- Light snacks
- Photographs of you and the group.
- Other souvenirs and personal items
- tips/gratuities for your guides.
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 140 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
In Focus: A Day with the Maasai tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this In Focus: A Day with the Maasai tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Kenya Comfort Suites, Junction of Jakaya Kikwete and Ralph Bunche Roads, Nairobi. Meeting end point : At your hotel.