- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- Explore fascinating Hell's Gate National Park near Lake Naivasha
- Search out herbivores and birdlife on a walking tour of the park
- Savour local cuisine and mingle with locals at, you guessed it, a local restaurant
- Learn about conservation at the Elsamere Conservation Centre, once home to Joy Adamson
With a name like Hell's Gate, it's no wonder this park is less-visited than others in Kenya. Take the chance to visit one of the few parks you can walk in on this Nairobi tour that also includes a visit to the Elsamere Conservation Centre where you'll be tempted to sing 'Born Free'.
Hell's Gate, you say? Amazing, we say. Come explore this wicked National Park with us (pun intended) on a day tour from Nairobi that you won't soon forget.
From Nairobi we'll head north towards Lake Naivasha, stopping along the way to take in breathtaking views of the Rift Valley before proceeding towards the lake. If you've forgotten your camera, you're going to be regretting it already.
Not long after, we'll arrive at Hell's Gate National Park, a massive 70 sq km park that is one among only a few National Parks in Kenya where walking is permitted (just mind your step, eh?).
The park is full of herbivores, and there are bird-watching opportunities galore. Combine that with hot springs, spectacular cliffs, and gorges, and you'll have hours and hours worth of amazing African-ness to explore.
Try not to get too caught up, though, as your lunch is not to be missed. You'll eat at a local restaurant where you'll sample regional cuisine and engage with the locals - pretty much one of our favourite things about travelling.
With stomachs full, we'll head to the Elsamere Conservation Centre on the shores of the lake, which was once the home of Joy and George Adamson, who devoted their lives to wildlife conservation. They are famously remembered for their relationship with the lioness Elsa, having reared her from a cub and released her back into the wild.
On that heartwarming note, we'll head back to Nairobi after a full day of exploring.
- Local lunch.
- Local English speaking guide
- Entry fees
- Hotel Pick up/ drop off
- all drinks
- tips or gratuities for your local guide and driver
- items of a personal nature.
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 160 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Hell's Gate National Park tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hell's Gate National Park tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, Junction of Jakaya Kikwete and Ralph Bunche Roads, Milimani, Nairobi, Kenya Meeting end point : Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, Junction of Jakaya Kikwete and Ralph Bunche Roads, Milimani, Nairobi, Kenya