- duration 57 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Spot incredible wildlife in the famous Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru and Lake Naivasha national parks
- Visit Kampala, unwind on the peaceful shores of Lake Bunyoni and opt for a gorilla trek into the thick jungle, to spot a family of the rare great apes in the wild
- Spot the Big Five in the legendary Serengeti and the UNESCOlisted Ngorongoro Crater, and camp by the sea near Dar es Salaam
- Sunbathe on pristine sandy beaches, explore historic Stone Town or join an optional visit to a local spice plantation
Our longest tour to Africa covers nine incredible countries, from Kenya to South Africa. Spot iconic wildlife in the Serengeti, search for gorillas in Uganda, canoe along the Okavango Delta in Botswana and slide down Namibia's Sossusvlei sand dunes. There's more wildlife spotting to be had in the Ngorongoro Crater, Etosha and Chobe national reserves, you can marvel at Zimbabwe's Victoria Falls and unwind on the sandy beaches of Zanzibar, all in 57 epic days.
Day: 1 Nairobi
Day: 2-3 Masai Mara
Day: 4-5 Eldoret & Kampala
Day: 6-9 Lake Bunyoni & Gorilla Trekking
Day: 10-11 Kampala & Jinja
Day: 12-13 Lake Nakuru
Day: 14-15 Lake Naivasha
Day: 16-19 Serengeti National Park
Day: 20-21 Dar es Salaam
Day: 22-24 Zanzibar
Day: 25-26 Mikumi
Day: 27-29 Lake Malawi
Day: 30-31 South Luangwa National Park
Day: 32-33 Livingstone
Day: 34 Chobe National Park
Day: 35 Victoria Falls
Day: 36-37 Victoria Falls
Day: 38-39 Kasane
Day: 40 Maun
Day: 41-42 Okavango Delta
Day: 43-44 Windhoek
Day: 45 Etosha National Park
Day: 46-47 Etosha National Park
Day: 48 Brandberg
Day: 49-50 Swakopmund
Day: 51-52 Sesriem
Day: 53 Fish River Canyon
Day: 54 Orange River
Day: 55 Cederberg
Day: 56 Cape Town
Day: 57 Cape Town
- 1st night dormitory accommodation at Kenya Comfort Hotel, 2 nights twin share accommodation in Swakopmund and 50 nights camping. Tents and sleeping mats provided
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- 3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise
- 2 day/1 night Okavango Delta Excursion (camping)
- 50 breakfasts, 44 lunches and 43 dinners
- Arrival transfer from Nairobi Airport on day 1
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- Sossusvlei transfer for Desert Walk
- All road taxes and tolls
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- Mikumi National Park (transit only)
- Park entry - Lake Naivasha NP and Victoria Falls NP. Park entry and game drive - Chobe NP, Etosha NP, South Luangwa NP, Lake Nakuru NP and Masai Mara, Ngorongoro NP, Serengeti NP
- Gorilla Permit and transfer fee: Please note that Gorillas often move across the border, between the national parks in Rwanda and Uganda, therefore itineraries often have to be changed at short notice in order to track the Gorillas in whichever National Park they have migrated to. For this reason the cost of the Gorilla Permit and relevant transfers varies, as do the applicable visa costs, dependent upon which country we need to travel into. Permits are subject to availability and need to be booked in advance.
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Sleeping bag - please bring your own
- Optional activities
- Entrance Fees: Gorilla Permit + Transfer USD$720-870pp, paid in USD
- Local payment - $2750pp, paid in USD
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 224 today.
- Earn US$ 149+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Great African Expedition - 57 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Great African Expedition - 57 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Great African Expedition - 57 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.