- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 26
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Optional white water rafting on the White Nile at Jinja
- Visit Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- 3 nights at Murchison Falls NP
- Chimpanzee Budongo Forest Trek
This 21 day tour is designed to give an in depth and unhurried view of East Africa. The wildlife viewing opportunities particularly for rhino are excellent with a visit to Nakuru NP. In Uganda there's a further 2 nights in Queen Elizabeth NP, a walking tour across Mburo NP and 2 days in the beautiful Murchison Falls NP. The tour includes searching for Chimpanzees at Budongo, visiting Bwindi Impenetrable Forest looking for Mountain Gorillas and 2 nights in Kenya's Masai Mara.
It ticks all the boxes for wildlife lovers and is also great for adrenalin seekers with rafting the stunning White Nile. It is also an amazing way to explore two of East Africa's most iconic countries, Uganda and the highlands and Rift Valley of Kenya.
Both crews I've had the pleasure to travel with have been awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole trip, the wildlife, the white water rafting, the gorillas being the hi light, but also the friendships and camaraderie of everyone on board the truck.”
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Kericho
Day 3: Jinja
Day 4: Jinja
Day 5: Nakitoma
Day 6: Kaniyo Pabidi
Day 7: Murchison Falls NP
Day 8: Murchison Falls NP
Day 9: Mpanga Forest
Day 10: Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 11: Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 12: Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Day 13: Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Day 14: Lake Mburo
Day 15: Jinja
Day 16: Nakuru NP
Day 17: Nakuru NP
Day 18: Masai Mara
Day 19: Masai Mara
Day 20: Nairobi
Day 21: Nairobi
- Camping 17 nights
- Basic Hotel 1 night
- Multishare Hostel 1 night
- Camping without facilities 1 night
- 20 Breakfasts
- 18 Lunches
- 18 Dinner
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Private Bus
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, African Camp Master
- Any international flights to/from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Gorillas, Chimps & Maasai Mara tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 170+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gorillas, Chimps & Maasai Mara tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gorillas, Chimps & Maasai Mara tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gorillas, Chimps & Maasai Mara tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.