- duration 24 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 26
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- 3 night wildlife safari in the Maasai Mara
- Take an optional sunset hot air balloon ride over Maasai Mara
- Look for big cats and other amazing wild animals
- Explore the lower slopes of Mount Kenya
East Africa is all about the wildlife. On this tour we’ll travel overland through Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda to some of the best national parks and game reserves East Africa has to offer, including Samburu National Reserve, the Maasai Mara National Reserve, Lake Mburo NP, and Queen Elizabeth NP, hoping to spot game like cheetahs, lion, leopards, buffalo, zebra, wildebeest, and more. In particular we’ll be looking out for both black and white rhino in Nakuru NP, and heading out on an atmospheric trek in search of mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
To break it all up we also have an overnight stay in a traditional Samburu village where we’ll meet the tribespeople there, a visit to East Africa’s adventure capital Jinja where we can go white-water rafting, bungee jumping and quad biking, and we spend time in the cities of Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali.
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Masai Mara
Day 3: Masai Mara
Day 4: Naro Moru
Day 5: Naro Moru
Day 6: Samburu Village
Day 7: Samburu National Reserve
Day 8: Nakuru NP
Day 9: Nakuru NP
Day 10: Jinja
Day 11: Jinja
Day 12: Kampala
Day 13: Kampala
Day 14: Lake Mburo NP
Day 15: Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 16: Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 17: Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Day 18: Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Day 19: Ruhengeri
Day 20: Kibuye
Day 21: Nyungwe NP
Day 22: Nyungwe NP
Day 23: Kigali
Day 24: Kigali
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Private Bus, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, African Camp Master
- Camping 17 nights
- Camping without facilities 2 nights
- Multishare Hostel 4 nights
- 46 Breakfasts
- 38 Lunches
- 40 Dinners
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Kigali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Gorillas and the Wilds of Rwanda & Tanzania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 233+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gorillas and the Wilds of Rwanda & Tanzania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gorillas and the Wilds of Rwanda & Tanzania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gorillas and the Wilds of Rwanda & Tanzania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.