- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Masai Mara Reserve
- Masai Tribe
- Lake Nakuru
This two week adventure takes you through the magnificent lakes and wildlife parks of Kenya, across Uganda and the Equator, and up into the jungle for some trekking to visit the mountain gorillas and chimpanzees.
Starting in Nairobi we first head out to the famous Masai Mara game reserve where we’ll have several included game drives to view the wildlife in one of Africa's most iconic game reserves. We then head north, stopping for more game viewing at Lake Nakuru, before crossing the border into Uganda where our next stop is Jinja, famous as the point where the River Nile flows out of Lake Victoria. There are optional Nile cruises and great white water rafting available here.
Next we head north towards the Murchison National Park, home of the spectacular Murchison Falls. We'll enjoy another included game drive here, through one of Uganda's best National Parks. Then we take another jungle trek, this time through the Budongo Central Forest Reserve in search of the local chimpanzees. We follow this adventure with a visit to the mountains, stopping at the beautiful Lake Bunyoni which we use as our base for our gorilla trek deep into the Bwindi Impenetrable forest. This experience is a once in a life time opportunity to get up close and personal with man's closest relative.
An optional rhino trekking experience is then available as we head back towards Kenya through the Great Rift Valley and Eldoret, before we arrive back in Nairobi to finish the tour.
The tour is available either based mainly on camping in traditional 2-person tents (which we provide together with camp beds), or as an upgraded 'accommodated' version where you sleep in lodges, hotels, or permanent camps (with proper beds & facilities). Details of each night's stay are given in the Facilities section of the daily itinerary. Pricing shown is based on camping - please contact us for prices to upgrade to the accommodated level.
Day 1 - Nairobi to the Masai Mara
Day 2 - Exploring the Masai Mara
Day 3 - Travel to Lake Nakuru
Day 4 - Lake Nakuru to Jinja
Day 5 - Jinja to Masindi and the Murchison Falls National Park
Day 6 - Chimp Trek and boat cruise in Budongo Central Forest Reserve
Day 7 - Lake Mburo
Day 8 - Crossing the Equator towards Lake Bunyonyi
Day 9 - Gorilla Trekking and Lake Bunyonyi
Day 10 - Gorilla trekking and Lake Bunyonyi
Day 11 - Lake Bunyonyi to Kampala
Day 12 - Free time for activities in Jinja
Day 13 - Back to Kenya
Day 14 - Finish in Nairobi
- 13 night's accommodation in hotels/lodges/guesthouses or camping
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport using our 25-seat expedition vehicle
- 2 truck crew (driver/guide plus assistant/cook)
- Local guides for sightseeing tours and activities as per the itinerary
- All 'included highlights' as mentioned in the itinerary
- International Flights (available on request)
- Visa fees if required
- Gorilla permit (allow approx US$630)
- Locally available optional activities (see itinerary and tour notes)
- 'Accommodated hotel upgrade' (hotels/lodges/permanent camps instead of camping)
- Travel Insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guides & drivers
- Entrance fees and activities not mentioned above
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 88+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gorillas & Plains tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 January 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gorillas & Plains tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gorillas & Plains tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.