- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy a precious hour in the company of Uganda's Mountain gorillas
- Game drives in the Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru N.P. and Queen Elizabeth N.P.
- Visit Murchison Falls National Park
- Track chimpanzees and other primates in Budongo Forest
The Masai Mara, a vast grassland teeming with animals, has an astonishing amount and mixture of game, including lions, cheetahs and at certain times of the year, the wildebeest migration. Lake Nakuru National Park has an incredible variety of birds as well as a healthy population of White and Black rhinos while Queen Elizabeth National Park is home to hippos, elephants, buffalo, leopards and the elusive tree-climbing lions as well as a huge variety of birds. Murchison Falls National Park is one of the most impressive parks in Africa, renowned for its scenic beauty, spectacular falls and abundant wildlife, including elephants, buffalo, Ugandan kobs (antelope), leopards, and over 450 different species of birds. The highlight of the trip is undoubtedly an hour with Mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda. This close-up encounter is arguably the most sensational wildlife experience of them all.
WE SAW THE BIG FIVE which was in large part down to the crew and their game spotting.
I had done this same trip years ago with Guerba, that trip was a participatory camping experience where we had to take turns cooking! This trip was complete luxury by comparison.
Our cook Ivan was a trained pastry chef so our meals were a real treat especially the deserts. The campsites were in the main of a good standard and although our cheif aka Christopher apologised because there was no grass to pitch the tents on ( no suprise in the dessert) we soon got used to the sand. There was the flexibility to move on early to Swakomund when we were caught up in a bad sand storm which upended several of our tents.
The Itinerary was well thought out. Our group of 12 was an ideal size as we could mainly have a window seat. There were lockers at the back of the truck in which we were able to lock up our valuables. Some journeys were
long but the scenery was so varied it was never boring.
The real highlights are no doubt the game drives. Go on this tour if you can.”
Start Nairobi; overnight in hotel.
To Masai Mara; late afternoon game drive.
Full day in the Masai Mara.
To Lake Nakuru N.P.; afternoon game drive.
Morning game drive in Nakuru N.P.; to Eldoret.
To Jinja, Uganda.
Free day for optional activities.
To Murchison Falls.
Full day Murchison Falls.
Chimpanzee Tracking in Budongo.
To Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
To Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- 10 nights full-service camping, and 2 nights in hotels , All accommodation
- 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches and 11 dinners
- Travel by specialist overland vehicle, 4WD and on foot
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Some long drives on rough roads and early starts
- Tour leader throughout
- 1 chimp permit and 1 gorilla permit
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Kigali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Gorillas & Masai Mara - Camping tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 174+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gorillas & Masai Mara - Camping tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 February 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gorillas & Masai Mara - Camping tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gorillas & Masai Mara - Camping tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.