- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy a precious hour in the company of Uganda's Mountain gorillas
- Game drives in the Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru N.P. and Queen Elizabeth N.P.
- Visit Murchison Falls National Park
- Track chimpanzees and other primates in Budongo Forest
The Masai Mara, a vast grassland teeming with animals, has an astonishing amount and mixture of game, including lions, cheetahs and at certain times of the year, the wildebeest migration. Lake Nakuru National Park has an incredible variety of birds as well as a healthy population of White and Black rhinos while Queen Elizabeth National Park is home to hippos, elephants, buffalo, leopards and the elusive tree-climbing lions as well as a huge variety of birds. Murchison Falls National Park is one of the most impressive parks in Africa, renowned for its scenic beauty, spectacular falls and abundant wildlife, including elephants, buffalo, Ugandan kobs (antelope), leopards, and over 450 different species of birds. The highlight of the trip is undoubtedly an hour with Mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda. This close-up encounter is arguably the most sensational wildlife experience of them all.
Start Nairobi; overnight in hotel.
To Masai Mara; late afternoon game drive.
Full day in the Masai Mara.
To Lake Nakuru N.P.; afternoon game drive.
Morning game drive in Nakuru N.P.; to Eldoret.
To Jinja, Uganda.
Free day for optional activities.
To Murchison Falls.
Full day Murchison Falls.
Chimpanzee Tracking in Budongo.
To Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
To Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Trek to see Mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Optional second Mountain gorilla trek. To Kigali.
Morning visit to the Genocide Museum and end.
- 13 nights full-service camping, and 2 nights in hotels , All accommodation
- 15 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 14 dinners
- Travel by specialist overland vehicle, 4WD and on foot
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Some long drives on rough roads and early starts
- Tour leader throughout
- 1 chimp permit and 1 gorilla permit
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Kigali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Gorillas & Masai Mara - Camping tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 177+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gorillas & Masai Mara - Camping tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 505 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 30 May 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Gorillas & Masai Mara - Camping tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gorillas & Masai Mara - Camping tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.