- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 22
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3733
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- With permits included in your trip, take a trek through Uganda's steamy forests to seek out rare mountain gorillas and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence with the help of expert Rangers and trackers.
- Head out on an early evening game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park, which is particularly famous for its rhino population.
- Spend a few days at your own pace in Jinja, which can be a relaxing riverside retreat or an adrenalinepumping adventure capital depending on your mood.
- Look out for lions, cheetahs, elephants, giraffes and more as an expert driver guide take you on a 4WD adventure through the incredible Masai Mara National Reserve for a fullday game drive.
- Meet the Maasai people known for their vibrant red dress and elaborate jewellery and gain an insight into the culture and ancient ways of this proud East African community.
A close encounter with gentle giants on a gorilla safari in Uganda is an extraordinary experience that will always stay with you – and it's just one of the many wildlife sightings this unforgettable trip. Roam the verdant plains, rainforests, papyrus-fringed lakes and acacia woodlands of Kenya and Uganda’s game parks, from Queen Elizabeth National Park to the Masai Mara Reserve. Spot lions, rhinos, chimps, antelopes, hippos, leopards and more in their natural habitats. The staggeringly beautiful African landscape will provide memories that last a lifetime.
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 3: Eldoret
Day 4: Kampala
Day 5: Kalinzu Forest
Day 6: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 7: Kisoro
Day 8: Gorilla Trek
Day 9: Gorilla Trek
Day 10: Mbarara
Day 11: Jinja
Day 12: Jinja
Day 13: Kericho
Day 14: Masai Mara National Reserve
Day 15: Masai Mara National Reserve
Day 16: Nairobi
- Camping (with facilities) (13 nights), Hotel (1 night), Hotel with shared facilities (1 night)
- 15 Breakfasts, 11 Lunches, 14 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , 4x4 Safari Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Lake Nakuru - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Lake Nakuru - Morning Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Queen Elizabeth National Park - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Bwindi National Park - Mountain Gorilla Permit & Trek
- Kericho - Tea plantation visit
- Masai Mara National Reserve - 4x4 Game Drive
- Masai Mara National Reserve - Full Day 4x4 Game Drive
- Loita Hills - Maasai Village Visit
- Any international flights to/from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Gorillas & Game Parks tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 144+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gorillas & Game Parks tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 April 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 April 2023, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gorillas & Game Parks tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gorillas & Game Parks tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Tracking gorillas in the dense forest can sometimes be wet, muddy and uncomfortable. The terrain is by no means easy either, so it can be strenuous and often humid. But the sheer thrill of coming across a habituated group of gorillas, dominated by a great male silverback, more than outweighs any difficulty. You need to be prepared and fit enough to walk up to four hours – up and down hills. A top tip is to pack some gardening gloves to assist in any uphill climbs. See https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/gorilla-trekking for more information.
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent, occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- This trip is predominantly a camping experience, giving you access to more remote destinations at close proximity, and the joy of experiencing the elements.
- This is a participatory trip – a fancy way of saying you’re not just along for the ride, but you are part of a team! Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and help out with camp activities like food prep and washing up. It’s all about giving your new travel mates a hand, and everyone knows there’s nothing worse than trying to put up a tent on your own!
- As the early bird catches the worm, so the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make better use of the safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- You may also want to check out Gorillas, Game Parks & Beaches if you have more time to explore in East Africa.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.