- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Head out of town to Nairobi’s leafy Karen suburb
- Get up close to the endangered Rothschild giraffe at the Africa Fund for Endangered Wildlife’s Giraffe Centre
- Head to David Sheldrick’s famous Elephant Orphanage for an unforgettable visit
- Learn how local programs in Nairobi are helping to reintegrate animals back into the wild
Head to the leafy ex-colonial suburbs of Nairobi to visit two of the city’s most famous attractions: the Africa Fund for Endangered Wildlife’s Giraffe Centre and David Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage.
Escape Nairobi’s bustling city centre and head towards the leafy suburb of Karen. Nairobi has become famous for its traffic – but you’ll get to sit back and take in the interesting sites of local life on our journey through East Africa’s largest city. Your driver and guide will be tell you about Nairobi’s history and modern life as you travel.
Our first stop will be the Africa Fund for Endangered Wildlife’s famous Giraffe Centre. The centre has pioneered an innovative breeding programme that’s helping to grow the population of the endangered Rothschild giraffe in the wild. You’ll learn more about this fascinating animal and the breeding project as you get up close and personal with the giraffes from the centre’s raised walkway.
Afterwards, we’ll head the short distance to David Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage, located on the edge of Nairobi National Park. Since its inception, the project has hand-reared more than 150 baby elephants that have been orphaned in the wild, often due to poaching. The orphanage helps to reintegrate these gorgeous creatures into the wilds of Tsavo National Park in the east of the country. You’ll learn more about this fascinating venture and see the baby elephants being fed by their keepers.
We’ll then head back to central Nairobi, where our tour will end around lunchtime, leaving you free for the rest of the afternoon to explore downtown Nairobi on your own.
- Local English-speaking guide
- entry fees.
- Food and drinks
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your local guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Giraffes & Elephants in Nairobi tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Giraffes & Elephants in Nairobi tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Giraffes & Elephants in Nairobi tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, Junction of Jakaya Kikwete and Ralph Bunche Roads, Milimani, NairobiMeeting end point :
Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, Junction of Jakaya Kikwete and Ralph Bunche Roads,, Milimani, NairobiCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.