- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- Head out of town to Nairobi’s leafy Karen suburb
- Get up close to the endangered Rothschild giraffe at the Africa Fund for Endangered Wildlife’s Giraffe Centre
- Head to David Sheldrick’s famous Elephant Orphanage for an unforgettable visit
- Learn how local programs in Nairobi are helping to reintegrate animals back into the wild
Head to the leafy ex-colonial suburbs of Nairobi to visit two of the city’s most famous attractions: the Africa Fund for Endangered Wildlife’s Giraffe Centre and David Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage.
Escape Nairobi’s bustling city centre and head towards the leafy suburb of Karen. Nairobi has become famous for its traffic – but you’ll get to sit back and take in the interesting sites of local life on our journey through East Africa’s largest city. Your driver and guide will be tell you about Nairobi’s history and modern life as you travel.
Our first stop will be the Africa Fund for Endangered Wildlife’s famous Giraffe Centre. The centre has pioneered an innovative breeding programme that’s helping to grow the population of the endangered Rothschild giraffe in the wild. You’ll learn more about this fascinating animal and the breeding project as you get up close and personal with the giraffes from the centre’s raised walkway.
Afterwards, we’ll head the short distance to David Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage, located on the edge of Nairobi National Park. Since its inception, the project has hand-reared more than 150 baby elephants that have been orphaned in the wild, often due to poaching. The orphanage helps to reintegrate these gorgeous creatures into the wilds of Tsavo National Park in the east of the country. You’ll learn more about this fascinating venture and see the baby elephants being fed by their keepers.
We’ll then head back to central Nairobi, where our tour will end around lunchtime, leaving you free for the rest of the afternoon to explore downtown Nairobi on your own.
- Local English-speaking guide
- entry fees.
- Food and drinks
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your local guide.
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 70 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Giraffes & Elephants in Nairobi tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Giraffes & Elephants in Nairobi tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, Junction of Jakaya Kikwete and Ralph Bunche Roads, Milimani, Nairobi Meeting end point : Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, Junction of Jakaya Kikwete and Ralph Bunche Roads,, Milimani, Nairobi