- duration 24 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 26
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Optional trip to 'Crocodile Market' in Arba Minch
- Visit Konso and the Konzo Cultural Centre
- Overland the desolate stretch between Ethiopia and Kenya
- Overnight around the camp fire with Samburu villagers
South east of Addis lies the historic UNESCO world heritage city of Harar and the Bale Mountains where you’ll have two days to explore all the national park has to offer.
Further south still, we cut through East Africa's Rift Valley and through the tribal lands of Southern Ethiopia and on into the deserts of Northern Kenya, before encountering the wildlife of Samburu National Reserve. In the reserve you’ll also discover how the Samburu people live their lives during a cultural homestay. Then it’s on passed Mt. Kenya and rejoin the Rift Valley, to Nairobi.
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Naivasha
Day 3: Naro Moru
Day 4: Naro Moru
Day 5: Samburu Village
Day 6: Samburu National Reserve
Day 7: Moyale
Day 8: Konso
Day 9: Arba Minch
Day 10: Arba Minch
Day 11: Arba Minch
Day 12: Wendo Genet
Day 13: Bale Mountains NP
Day 14: Bale Mountains NP
Day 15: Bale Mountains NP
Day 16: Lake Ziway
Day 17: Lake Ziway
Day 18: Awash NP
Day 19: Harar
Day 20: Harar
Day 21: Harar
Day 22: Addis Ababa
Day 23: Addis Ababa
Day 24: Addis Ababa
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Camping 8 nights
- Comfortable Hotel 9 nights
- Multishare Hostel 3 nights
- Guesthouse 3 nights
- 46 Breakfasts
- 20 Lunches
- 20 Dinners
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Addis Ababa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ethiopian & Kenyan Rift Valley & Wildlife tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 127+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ethiopian & Kenyan Rift Valley & Wildlife tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ethiopian & Kenyan Rift Valley & Wildlife tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ethiopian & Kenyan Rift Valley & Wildlife tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.