- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Safari, safari, safari – what East African adventure would be complete without one? Well, this trip has five (with the option to book one more) in two different areas. Which brings us to…
- The animals! Go in search of hippos, lions, leopards, giraffes and more during game drives in the Serengeti and Masai Mara with your experienced local leaders.
- Spend a night hanging with the redclad Maasai folk in Loita Hills. A local elder will explain what the tribe is all about and show you around their house.
- Crossing the Masai Mara in a purposebuilt truck is just one of those classic East Africa experiences – vast plains spotted with thorn trees and herds of animals.
Got 10 days, an adventurous bent, a desire to see as much of East Africa as you can as you can and a tight budget? We’ve designed this trip just for you – it’s a memory-maker, but not a bank-breaker. With multiple 4WD safari drives in the Masai Mara and Serengeti National Parks, stops at remote market towns, spend a night in a Maasai village and another night by the largest tropical lake in the world, this tour is like a crash course in what East Africa is all about.
Loita Hills Maasai Experience
Masai Mara National Reserve
Masai Mara National Reserve
Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park
(Ngorongoro Crater) / Arusha
Arusha / Nairobi
- Hotel (1 night), Camping (with facilities) (6 nights), Camping (with basic facilities) (2 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Overland vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Loita Hills - Maasai Village Visit
- Masai Mara National Reserve - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- Serengeti National Park - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Arusha are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essential East Africa tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential East Africa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essential East Africa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential East Africa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Staying in Loita Hills is a proper adventure – you'll be in a bush camp with no showers as the Maasai guard you from the animals. Pretty nice for some guys you just met.
- Similarly, camping in the Serengeti means, well, camping in the Serengeti. No barriers between you and mother nature means there's no fence between you and the animals. We take safety seriously and your leader will brief you in detail on how to set up camp so as not to attract any unwanted visitors (not hanging raw meat to dry on your lines is a good start).
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent, occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the ‘Big Five’. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/africa/overland.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions