East Africa Safari
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-20649
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Maasai Mara National Reserve: Go wildlife spotting with our expert guides in our snazzy pop-top safari trucks. The ultimate selfie op!
- Maasai Mara National Reserve: Hop in the safari truck for a scenic jaunt through the rolling plains of the Maasai Mara. And watch out for the ‘Big Five’.
- Maasai Mara National Reserve: It’s your last evening in the Mara to see the epic wildlife on this vast savannah.
- Nairobi: See the work being done to protect and help women and children who live in the Kibera slum.
- Amboseli: Get that iconic wildlife shot with the snow-capped peak of Kilimanjaro as a backdrop.
- Arusha: Support this social enterprise that employs local disabled people with artisanal skills. Watch weaving, glass blowing, beading, paper making and metal work.
- Amboseli: Get up early in search of the famous elephants in this iconic Kenyan National Park.
- Tarangire National Park: Take a drive through the ‘land of giants’. This national park is known for its elephants and sprawling Baobab trees.
- Serengeti: Watch out for local wildlife as we head to our camp, which is bang in the middle of these endless plains. Could the location be any more epic?
- Serengeti: Cruise around the plains at sunset to explore new areas and spot a few more animals before they head off to bed.
- Show more
Vast National Parks full of wildlife, an orphanage for elephants, a Maasai village and an ancient volcano: this isn't a film plot, it's just a taste of what East Africa has to offer. We've included all our morning and afternoon game drives in all the national parks including the Maasai Mara and Serengeti for your best shot at seeing the Big 5, and even better, you'll be driving through valleys and plains in our top of the range open-top vehicles and staying in some of the best lodges and luxury campsites for the ultimate safari experience.
Day 1: Start Nairobi
Day 2: Nairobi to Maasai Mara
Day 3: Maasai Mara
Day 4: Maasai Mara to Nairobi
Day 5: Nairobi to Amboseli
Day 6: Amboseli
Day 7: Amboseli to Tarangire
Day 8: Tarangire
Day 9: Tarangire to Serengeti
Day 10: Serengeti
Day 11: Serengeti to Ngorogoro Crater
Day 12: Ngorogoro Crater to Arusha
- 2.5.4. Ole Sereni (or similar) hotel
- Sentrim Mara (or similar) hotel
- Sentrim Amboseli (or similar) hotel
- Roika Tented Camp (or similar) hotel
- Sound of Silence Camp (or similar) hotel
- Eileen's Tree Inn (or similar) hotel
- 11 Breakfast (B)
- 7 Lunch (L)
- 9 Dinner (D)
- Travel by coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Arusha are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this East Africa Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 155+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this East Africa Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 August 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 August 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
East Africa Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this East Africa Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?