- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the Masai Mara National Reserve.
- Visit a Samburu village.
- Take in views of the Great Rift Valley.
- Admire a family of mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
Experience East Africa like you never imagined on this 16-day tour that gets you close to the land, wildlife, and communities that make this part of the world so unique. Camp at the edge of Lake Nakuru National Park and learn about tribal life and customs by spending time with villagers. Your time isn't complete here without a safari drive (or five) and there are plenty of opportunities for that in this itinerary, including a gorilla trek in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and chimp trekking in Kibale National Park. Dream vacations are made of this.
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Nairobi/Samburu National Reserve
Day 3: Samburu National Reserve
Day 4: Samburu National Reserve/Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 5: Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 6: Lake Nakuru National Park/Masai Mara
Day 7: Masai Mara
Day 8: Masai Mara/Nairobi
Day 9: Nairobi/Kampala
Day 10: Kampala/Fort Portal
Day 11: Kibale National Park
Day 12: Kibale NP/Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 13: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 14: Queen Elizabeth NP/Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Day 15: Gorilla Trekking
Day 16: Bwindi/Kigali
- Standard hotel (3 nts), full-service camping (4 nts), simple furnished tents/rooms (8 nts).
15 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 10 dinners
Note: Allow USD190-250 for meals not included.
- 7-seat 4x4 safari van, plane, private van, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, certified driver/guide, camp crew, experienced gorilla trackers, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Café Ubuntu , Maai Mahiu
- Your G for Good Moment: Nyamirambo Women's Centre, Local Lunch, Kigali
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Samburu village visit and wildlife safari drives
- Safari in Lake Nakuru National Park and Masai Mara National Reserve
- Guest farm stay near Kibale National Park
- Chimpanzee trek
- Bigodi Community lunch
- Queen Elizabeth National Park wildlife safari drives
- Guided gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Visit to Kigali Genocide Museum
- All national park fees and trekking permits
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Kigali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this East Africa In-Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 255 today.
- Earn US$ 170+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this East Africa In-Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
East Africa In-Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this East Africa In-Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 15 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.