- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit a street market and haggle alongside locals for pigs and chickens before delivering these sustainable food sources to villages on the outskirts of Nairobi. Sit down in a local’s home afterwards for tea and coffee and learn about life in Kenya.
- Meet Maasai warriors and experience Kenya's tribal life at an afternoon village visit in Loita Hills.
- Venture into the incredible Masai Mara National Reserve for a fullday game drive in 4WDs.
- Explore the Serengeti National Park in depth, with two early morning and two late afternoon game drives through this spectacular wildlife arena.
Discover the best of East Africa on this 10-day journey beginning in Nairobi, Kenya. Travel to some of Africa's most famous areas including the Masai Mara National Reserve, Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater, where you'll take multiple game drives in search of the Big Five animals and more. Take in the enormity of Africa's largest lake and switch Africa's animals for people as you spend time with the Maasai people and learn about both their ancient traditions and more modern way of life from an elder.
Masai Mara National Reserve
Masai Mara National Reserve
Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park
Ngorongoro Crater / Arusha
Arusha / Nairobi
- Hotel (4 nights), Lodge (1 night), Permanent Tented Basic Lodge (2 nights), Camping with basic facilities (2 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , 4x4 Safari Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Nairobi - Farm to Feast Community Visit
- Loita Hills - Maasai Village Visit
- Masai Mara National Reserve - Full Day 4x4 Game Drive
- Serengeti National Park - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Serengeti National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- Ngorongoro Crater - 4x4 Game Drive
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Arusha are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this East Africa Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 122+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this East Africa Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
East Africa Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this East Africa Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Camping in the Serengeti National Park with no barriers between you and the animals is amazing, but it's important to heed the safety advice of your leader. You'll be briefed on arrival.
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the ‘big five’. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/africa/overland
- There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- You may also want to check out East Africa Safari & Coast if you have more time to explore in Tanzania.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions