- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 7+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the Karen Blixen museum & Giraffe Sanctuary in Nairobi
- Guided safari in Nairobi NP
- Visit to Maasai Village to learn about the Maasai people and their culture
- 2 day safari in the Serengeti, the ultimate African wildlife experience
If you have kids aged from 7 to 17, this is the family adventure holiday that you cannot miss. The amazement and pure joy in their faces when you spend two nights camping on the plains of the Serengeti or spotting a rhino at the Ngorongoro Crater will be something you never forget as a parent.
This trip is ideal for families, with wild camping, beautiful hotels and so much wildlife. Add to this the cultures of the Massai and walking through the lands of the Irente peoples in the Usambara Mountains and you have a heck of an adventure.
Then there is the balance, the beautiful beach hotels on the white sands of the Indian Ocean on Zanzibar and exploring the night food market and hotel bars of Stone Town. This is a trip that you and your children will never forget.
It was easy going yet very on top of getting places on time in an organized fashion.”
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Nairobi
Day 3: Arusha
Day 4: Arusha
Day 5: Serengeti NP
Day 6: Serengeti NP
Day 7: Mto Wa Mbu
Day 8: Marangu
Day 9: Marangu
Day 10: Lushoto
Day 11: Lushoto
Day 12: Dar Es Salaam
Day 13: Dar Es Salaam
Day 14: Zanzibar
Day 15: Zanzibar
Day 16: Zanzibar
Day 17: Zanzibar
- 16 Breakfasts
- 9 Lunches
- 9 Dinner
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Ferry
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, African Camp Master
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Zanzibar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this East Africa Family Overland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 126+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this East Africa Family Overland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
East Africa Family Overland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this East Africa Family Overland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.