- duration 28 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 26
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the Karen Blixen museum & Giraffe Sanctuary in Nairobi
- Enjoy the National Museum, Nairobi and discover more about our ancient past
- View wildlife on safari in Amboseli NP
- Marvel at the view of Mount Kilimanjaro in Amboseli NP
This trip links the plains, wildlife and tribal lands of East Africa with the bushlands and high veldts of Southern Africa. It is an iconic journey that allows us to explore Amboseli, the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater in Kenya and Tanzania as well as searching for the big game of South Luangwa national park in Zambia. Then for sheer natural wilderness and wildlife, this trip takes in the beauty of the Lower Zambezi area which we explore by canoe.
If its beaches and relaxation you're after we also visit both the white sands of Zanzibar and the stunning beaches of Lake Malawi. Then there is the greatest highlight of them all, the incomparable Victoria Falls, which cannot fail to impress both the spectator and the adventurer, with white water rafting, bungee jumping and gorge swinging to name but a few of the activities here.
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Amboseli NP
Day 3: Arusha
Day 4: Tarangire NP
Day 5: Serengeti NP
Day 6: Serengeti NP
Day 7: Arusha
Day 8: Lushoto
Day 9: Lushoto
Day 10: Zanzibar
Day 11: Zanzibar
Day 12: Zanzibar
Day 13: Zanzibar
Day 14: Dar Es Salaam
Day 15: Iringa
Day 16: Chitimba
Day 17: Kande
Day 18: Kande
Day 19: Lilongwe
Day 20: South Luangwa NP
Day 21: South Luangwa NP
Day 22: Luangwa River
Day 23: Lower Zambezi Area
Day 24: Lower Zambezi Area
Day 25: Lower Zambezi Area
Day 26: Livingstone
Day 27: Victoria Falls
Day 28: Victoria Falls
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Private Bus, Ferry, Canoe
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, African Camp Master
- Camping 21 nights
- Comfortable Hotel 4 nights
- Camping without facilities 2 nights
- 62 Breakfasts
- 44 Lunches
- 44 Dinners
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Victoria Falls are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this East Africa & the Zambezi tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 183+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this East Africa & the Zambezi tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
East Africa & the Zambezi tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this East Africa & the Zambezi tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.