- duration 36 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Nairobi, extend your stay to explore the sites. The Great Rift Valley. Lake Nakuru National Park and lake. Meet the local children at the East African Mission Organisation. Lake Naivasha, the highest Rift Valley lake. The Masai Mara, Kenya's finest wildlife reserve. Masai Mara tribal lands.
- Kampala, the lively capital. Lake Bunyoni, spectacular scenery. Jinja, Nile rafting. The Equator Crossing.
- (an optional excursion). Bwindi or Mgahinga Gorilla park in Uganda.
- Arusha, the safari gateway. The Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. Views of Mt Meru and Mt Kilimanjaro. Pangani, a historical coastal town. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania's largest city. Mikumi National Park (transit only).
Head in search of the famous Mountain Gorilla, explore magnificent game parks and relax on tropical beaches. End your trip in exciting Victoria Falls.
Day: 1 Nairobi
Day: 2-3 Masai Mara
Day: 4-5 Eldoret & Kampala
Day: 6-9 Lake Bunyoni & Gorilla Trekking
Day: 10-11 Kampala & Jinja
Day: 12-13 Lake Nakuru
Day: 14-15 Lake Naivasha
Day: 16-19 Ngorongoro Crater
Day: 20-21 Dar es Salaam
Day: 22-24 Zanzibar
Day: 25-26 Mikumi & Iringa
Day: 27-29 Lake Malawi
Day: 30-31 South Luangwa National Park
Day: 32-33 Livingstone
Day: 34 Chobe National Park
Day: 35 Victoria Falls
Day: 36 Victoria Falls
- 1st night dormitory accommodation at Wildebeest Eco Camp and 34 nights camping. Tents and sleeping mats provided
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- 3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise
- 30 breakfasts, 28 lunches, 29 dinners
- Arrival transfer from Nairobi Airport on day 1
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- All road taxes and tolls
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- Park entry - Lake Naivasha NP. Park entry and game drives - Masai Mara, Ngorongoro NP, Serengeti NP, Lake Nakuru NP, South Luangwa and Chobe NP
- Sleeping bag - please bring your own
- Gorilla Permit and transfer fee: Please note that Gorillas often move across the border, between the national parks in Rwanda, Uganda and DRC, therefore itineraries often have to be changed at short notice in order to track the Gorillas in whichever National Park they have migrated to. For this reason the cost of the Gorilla Permit and relevant transfers varies, as do the applicable visa costs, dependent upon which country we need to travel into. Permits are subject to availability and need to be booked in advance.
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: Gorilla Permit + Transfer USD$720 - 870pp, paid in USD
- Local payment - $2050pp, paid in USD
- Bookmundi is partner with On The Go Tours. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 140 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 93 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 16 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Big Five Safari Explorer - 36 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Big Five Safari Explorer - 36 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.