- duration 36 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Go on safari in the Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru, stay in the capital Nairobi and visit a traditional Masai settlement
- Spend time in Kampala and relax at Lake Bunyoni before your optional gorilla trek in search of endangered Mountain gorillas
- Spot Africa's Big Five in some of the continent's premier game reserves, including the Ngorongoro Crater and the mighty Serengeti
- Unwind on pristine white sandy beaches and opt for a sunset dhow cruise, snorkelling or scuba diving
Adventure overdrive. Trekking for gorilla, game-spotting, kicking back on Zanzibar, this expedition takes in some of the best of Eastern Africa and culminates at the breathtaking Victoria Falls - Africa's adrenaline playground!
Day: 1 Nairobi
Day: 2-3 Masai Mara
Day: 4-5 Eldoret & Kampala
Day: 6-9 Lake Bunyoni & Gorilla Trekking
Day: 10-11 Kampala & Jinja
Day: 12-13 Lake Nakuru
Day: 14-15 Lake Naivasha
Day: 16-19 Ngorongoro Crater
Day: 20-21 Dar es Salaam
Day: 22-24 Zanzibar
Day: 25-26 Mikumi & Iringa
Day: 27-29 Lake Malawi
Day: 30-31 South Luangwa National Park
Day: 32-33 Livingstone
Day: 34 Chobe National Park
Day: 35 Victoria Falls
Day: 36 Victoria Falls
- 1st night dormitory accommodation at Wildebeest Eco Camp and 31 nights camping. Tents and sleeping mats provided
- 3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- 30 breakfasts, 29 lunches, 29 dinners
- Arrival transfer from Nairobi Airport on day 1
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- All road taxes and tolls
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- Park entry - Lake Naivasha NP. Park entry and game drives - Masai Mara, Ngorongoro NP, Serengeti NP, Lake Nakuru NP, South Luangwa and Chobe NP
- Sleeping bag - please bring your own
- Gorilla Permit and transfer fee: Please note that Gorillas often move across the border, between the national parks in Rwanda and Uganda, therefore itineraries often have to be changed at short notice in order to track the Gorillas in whichever National Park they have migrated to. For this reason the cost of the Gorilla Permit and relevant transfers varies, as do the applicable visa costs, dependent upon which country we need to travel into. Permits are subject to availability and need to be booked in advance.
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: Gorilla Permit + Transfer USD$720 - 870pp, paid in USD
- Local payment - $2100pp, paid in USD
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Big Five Safari Explorer - 36 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 January 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Big Five Safari Explorer - 36 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Big Five Safari Explorer - 36 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.