- Local culture
- Culture shows and excursions
- duration 2 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 9
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit a traditional Maasai village near Nairobi
- Pass through the splendid Ngong Hills nature reserve
- Your host for the day is a village elder and his family
- Learn about Maasai culture and roles, and try out some of the activities!
On this 2-day cultural safari, visit a traditional Maasai village and engage with these amazing people who make up the colorful tapestry of tribal life in Kenya. This interactive experience allows you to meet the infamous warriors, village elders, and Maasai women, and take part in some of their daily activities to learn about their traditional way of life that has not changed for centuries. You will be invited to become an honorary member of the Maasai and learn how to throw a warrior’s spear, create decorative jewelry, and join in their vibrant singing and dancing. It’s a wonderful opportunity to gain an insight into Kenyan rural life and share and listen to stories and beliefs with individuals from a completely different world and culture.
Day 1: Become an Honorary Maasai
Day 2: Maasai Life in Focus
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- 1 night accommodation at Palacina Hotel (5 stars)
- Pick up and return from your hotel
- Air-conditioned vehicles for transfers
- Tips and gratuities
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationBring a warm sweater and clothing as mornings can be chilly. Ensure that you have a hat ad sunscreen. There is ample shade but it's good to be prepared! Lunch is a healthy choice of fresh fruit salad Please advise us if you require specific foods