8 Days Kenya and Tanzania Classic Safari
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- max group size 6
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-9677
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Spotting the Big Five (Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo)
- Full day game drives in Serengeti and Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ngorongoro crater sunset, sunrise and game drive
Maasai Mara National Reserve derives its name from the indigenous people of Kenya - the Maasai tribe - and the Mara River that cuts through the park. The Mara is also home to the richest concentration of wildlife, including the "Big Five" (elephants, lions, leopards, rhinos, and buffalo), zebras, antelope, gnus, oribis, hyenas, giraffes, warthogs, gazelles, hartebeests, hippos, crocodiles and others. The park has the largest concentration of African lions, including the black-maned lion.
In the East African Country of Kenya is one of the Seven Wonders of Modern World - the wildebeest migration. The migration of wildebeest in the Maasai Mara National Reserve and by extension Serengeti National Parks have astounded the world. The wildebeest have always migrated, but nobody thought they did so in such large numbers. The Maasai Mara provides the best view of the famous wildebeest migration as the animals cross the Mara River between July and August.
A visit to the Ngorongoro Crater is an experience of a lifetime. There are few places that have wildlife densities and variety at this level. It is not unusual to see the Big Five in one day-and all this in the most amazing setting with a backdrop of the 600m/1968 ft high crater wall.
Lake Manyara National Park provides the perfect introduction to Tanzania’s birdlife. More than 400 species have been recorded, and even a first-time visitor to Africa might reasonably expect to observe 100 of these in one day. Highlights include thousands of pink-hued flamingos on their perpetual migration, as well as other large waterbirds such as pelicans, cormorants and storks.
There is more to Serengeti than large mammals. Gaudy agama lizards and rock hyraxes scuffle around the surfaces of the park’s isolated granite koppies. A full 100 varieties of dung beetle have been recorded, as have 500-plus bird species, ranging from the outsized ostrich and bizarre secretary bird of the open grassland, to the black eagles that soar effortlessly above the Lobo Hills.
Please refer to the itinerary to find out what you'll be doing each day on this safari tour.
Day 1: Nairobi to Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 2: Nakuru to Masai Mara National Reserve
Day 3: Explore Masai Mara National Reserve
Day 4: Masai Mara to Serengeti National Reserve via Isebania
Day 5: Explore Serengeti National Park
Day 6: Serengeti to Ngorongoro Crater Rim
Day 7: Ngorongoro Conservancy to Manyara region
Day 8: Lake Manyara National Park to Arusha
- All taxes/VAT
- Ground transport in a comfortable safari vehicle for game viewing, photography and touring
- Full board accommodation, meal plan as mentioned in itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide
- All game drives as will be detailed in the itinerary
- Bottled water during the safari
- Start in Nairobi and end of Safari in Arusha.
- Airport Transfer between the airport and your hotel in Nairobi
- International flights from home and back
- Visa fees (if applicable)
- Travel insurance
- Money for tips
- Soft drinks or alcoholic drinks
- Other personal items
- Visit to the Masai village
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the accommodation that is included on this tour?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?