- duration 4 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the Big 5 at Maasai Mara
- Hundreds of flamingoes in Lake Nakuru
- Budged tented camps set in the wilderness of Kenya
The Maasai Mara National Reserve is a large game reserve in Narok County, Kenya; contiguous with the Serengeti National Park in Mara Region, Tanzania. It is named in honor of the Maasai people (the ancestral inhabitants of the area) and their description of the area when looked at from afar: “Mara,” which is Maa (Maasai language) for “spotted,” an apt description for the circles of trees, scrub, savanna, and cloud shadows that mark the area.
When it was originally established in 1961 as a wildlife sanctuary the Mara covered only 520 square kms. (200 square miles) of the current area. Now, it stretches stretches 1,510 square kilometers (580 square miles) and raises 1,500-2,170 meters (4920-7120 feet) above sea level. All members of the “Big Five” (lion, leopard, African elephant, cape buffalo, and black rhinoceros) – plus popular species like zebra, giraffe, hyena, cheetah, eland and gazelle are found in the Maasai Mara.
Lake Nakuru, on the other hand, is popularly known for its abundant attraction of thousands to millions of flamingos. Wildlife surrounding Lake Nakuru , in the national park, include black and white rhinoceroses, giraffes, waterbucks, lions, leopards, baboons, cheetahs, warthogs and pythons, as well as 300 different bird species.
Day 1: Nairobi to Maasai Mara
Day 2: Maasai Mara Whole Day Game Drive
Day 3: Maasai Mara - To Lake Nakuru
Day 4: Lake Nakuru - Back to Nairobi
- All accommodations during the tour
- All meals during the tour
- All activities/ game viewing drives in safari vans
- Transport in a private safari minivan with open roof
- English speaking tour guide/ driver
- Applicable government taxes and levies
- All park entrance fees
- Bottled drinking water per day
- International flights and taxes
- Passport visa
- Traveler’s insurance
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guides
- Alcoholic drinks
- Save +US$ 18 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.