- Maasai Mara National Reserve offers superb plains scenery & unmatched safari activities
- Wildlife haven, with the Big Five regularly spotted on game drives
- The Maasai Mara Ecosystem holds one of the highest lion densities in world
- Marvel at Lake Nakuru flecked with thousands of flamingoes
You are guaranteed to spot the big cats if that what you're looking for on your Kenyan safari. For the bird enthusiasts, the Mara birds come in a variety of colors and sizes, with more than 400 bird species including many birds of prey.
The tour starts at Nairobi and the early morning drive progresses via Nairobi suburbs, subsistence farming local communities, Rift valley escarpment and Maasai plains with a stop to view the Great Rift Valley escarpment via scenic Maasai country.
An early morning drive to Maasai Mara National Reserve, it is one of the few places left on earth where wildlife still lives comparatively undisturbed, in the numbers that once roamed the plains and forests of Africa. The Mara hosts the spectacular seasonal migration of many thousands of Wildebeest, Zebras and attendant predators.
Arrive in time for lunch and an afternoon game drive.
After breakfast a full day game drive follows, with packed lunch provided. The reserve is well known for its black-maned lion, as well as its abundant resident wildlife and it is one of the few places where it's possible to see the big five during a morning's game drive.
Many of the cheetahs seek shelter from the hot sun under the vehicle and several even climb onto the roof to get better view of prospective prey.
For the bird enthusiast, almost 500 species have been recorded: among these 16 species of eagle, plus many hawks and falcons, 6 species of vultures, 8 species of storks 4 of bustard (including the Kori bustard, the world's heaviest flying bird), and 9 species of sun birds.
Early morning game drive at 6 am before breakfast. After the game drive, return to the camp for brunch then depart for Nairobi. Lunch en-route and arrival in Nairobi at late afternoon.
Return flight from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Kenya
- Airport Transfers
- Game Drives
- Driver's Allowance
- Tour Guide Operator Allowance
- Accommodation during safari in Eco Lodges
- All National Parks and Game Reserves Entrance Fees
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Visas & Travel Insurance
- Personal purchases (including curious, spirit liquors, telephone calls, internet, laundry, etc.)
- International Air Ticket(s)