- Visit Masai Mara National Reserve
- View of the "Big 5"
- Budget group safari on a custom safari mini van
The Maasai Mara national park is arguably the best national park for game viewing and safari in Kenya, which is why this safari takes you there.
Maasai Mara is about a third of the size of the Serengeti National Park, which also makes it a more manageable area for game viewing and its also one of Africa's best wildlife destinations year round.
This safari is "joining group budget camping" meaning that you will have to join others from other countries for use of our custom safari mini van. Please see the itinerary for a day-by-day overview.
Depart from Nairobi in the morning and drive along the floor of the Rift Valley to Maasai Mara arriving at the camp in the afternoon for lunch. Afternoon game drives followed by dinner and overnight stay at Mitimingieco camp.
The Maasai Mara Game Reserve is arguably Kenya's most popular game sanctuary. It is the most famous and most visited game reserve in Kenya. The film 'Out of Africa' was made to a great extent in this reserve. Virtually every type of wildlife can be seen at the Mara.
Day 2: Exploring Masai Mara Game Reserve
Full day game drive in search of the big 5. Morning and afternoon game drives are offered. Optional hot air balloon safari can be arranged at an extra cost of US$ 450 per person. Dinner and overnight stay at Mitimingieco camp.
The Mara offers wildlife in such variety and abundance that it is difficult to believe: over 450 species of animals have been recorded here. You will easily see lions, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles, giraffe, wildebeests, zebras, buffalo, warthogs, hyenas, jackals, wild dogs, buffalo, leopard, many kinds of antelopes and elephant.
It is in the Mara that perhaps the most spectacular event of the natural world takes place. This is the annual migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra from the Serengeti (Tanzania) in search of water and pasture. Following on their heels are the predators of the savanna- lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vultures.
Day 3: Masai Mara – Nairobi
Morning game drives then proceed to Nairobi to arrive by 1600 hrs where the safari ends.
- Government imposed Taxes/VAT
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- All accommodation
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation
- Safari on a custom mini van
- Accommodation on the day before the tour departs
- Accommodation on the last day
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- International flights (from/to home)
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)