- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle through striking countryside with tea plantations
- Cruise the Keralan backwaters on a traditional houseboat
- Discover Hindu temples and Christian churches
Beautiful landscapes, fascinating towns, stunning beaches and superb food, southern India is an excellent place to explore by bike. From the cool heights of the Western Ghats, where the sanctuaries hide excellent wildlife, to the quiet backwaters of Kerala, where Hinduism has produced elaborately decorated temples, this trip offers the chance to cycle through colourful villages where rural life has remained little-changed for centuries. The final coastal ride to Varkala rewards us with time to relax on the beach and reflect on an unforgettable experience.
Ride to Srirangapatnam ruins; return to Mysore; afternoon explore the city
including the Maharaja Palace.
Cycle on the back roads of Mysore Plateau to Nanjangud; transfer to Bandipur
Ride to Mudumalai N.P; free time
Optional ascent to Ooty hill station (13km climb), former summer capital of
the Raj; free afternoon to explore the town.
Western Ghats descent through tea plantations; transfer to Guruvayoor in
Morning ride to Guruvayoor Temple and Palayoor Church; continue along country
roads to our beachside hotel in Cherai.
Cycle along coastal roads lined with coconut palms; ferry to Fort Cochin.
Free day in Cochin to explore the bazaars and the old harbour.
Cycle past old Portuguese houses; continue to Vambanad Lake in Alleppey.
Explore Alleppey town before backwater boat trip; overnight on Keralan
Cliff-top ride to laid-back Varkala.
Free to relax on the beach and eat the wonderful seafood.
- 11 nights hotels, 1 night lodge and 1 night houseboat, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 11 lunches and 5 dinners included
- 10 days cycling (including 1 short ride) with full vehicle support
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 14, plus local cycling leader and driver. Min age 16 yrs
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Mysore and from Varkala are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Kerala & Tropical India - Premium tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 131+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Kerala & Tropical India - Premium tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 375 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 24 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Kerala & Tropical India - Premium tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Kerala & Tropical India - Premium tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.