- Bicycle tour
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycle through striking countryside with tea plantations Cruise the Keralan backwaters on a traditional houseboatDiscover Hindu temples and Christian churches
Beautiful landscapes, fascinating towns, stunning beaches and superb food, southern India is an excellent place to explore by bike. From the cool heights of the Western Ghats, where the sanctuaries hide excellent wildlife, to the quiet backwaters of Kerala, where Hinduism has produced elaborately decorated temples, this trip offers the chance to cycle through colourful villages where rural life has remained little-changed for centuries. The final coastal ride to Varkala rewards us with time to relax on the beach and reflect on an unforgettable experience.
Day 1: Start Mysore.
Day 2: Ride to Srirangapatnam ruins; return to Mysore; afternoon explore the city
including the Maharaja Palace.
Day 3: Cycle on the back roads of Mysore Plateau to Nanjangud; transfer to Bandipur
Day 4: Ride to Mudumalai N.P; free time
Day 5: Optional ascent to Ooty hill station (13km climb), former summer capital of
the Raj; free afternoon to explore the town.
Day 6: Western Ghats descent through tea plantations; transfer to Guruvayoor in
Day 7: Morning ride to Guruvayoor Temple and Palayoor Church; continue along country
roads to our beachside hotel in Cherai.
Day 8: Cycle along coastal roads lined with coconut palms; ferry to Fort Cochin.
Day 9: Free day in Cochin to explore the bazaars and the old harbour.
Day 10: Cycle past old Portuguese houses; continue to Vambanad Lake in Alleppey.
Day 11: Explore Alleppey town before backwater boat trip; overnight on Keralan
Day 12: Cliff-top ride to laid-back Varkala.
Day 13: Free to relax on the beach and eat the wonderful seafood.
Day 14: End Varkala.
- 11 nights hotels, 1 night lodge and 1 night houseboat, all en suite,All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 11 lunches and 5 dinners included
- 10 days cycling (including 1 short ride) with full vehicle support
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 14, plus local cycling leader and driver.
- Min age 16 yrs
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Mysore and from Varkala are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Kerala & Tropical India - Premium tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 154+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Kerala & Tropical India - Premium tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Kerala & Tropical India - Premium tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Kerala & Tropical India - Premium tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.