- City sightseeing
- Deserts and canyons
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Shopping and Markets
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Time to explore the city highlights of Muscat.
- Visit a turtle sanctuary.
- Watch the sunset from a desert camp.
- Visit the cattle market in Nizwá.
Oman remains one of the last great undiscovered parts of the Middle East. Here, ancient heritage melds beautifully with modern living. Overnight in the dramatic Wahiba Sands desert after visiting the Ras al Jinz Turtle Reserve to observe the endangered species’ nesting process. Still looking for something off the beaten path? Visit Wadi Nakhr, also known as the Grand Canyon of Oman, to get even deeper into Oman’s ethereal beauty — natural and otherwise.
Day 1: Muscat
Day 2: Muscat
Day 3: Muscat/Ras al-Jinz
Day 4: Ras al-Jinz/Wahiba Sands
Day 5: Wahiba Sands/Nizwá
Day 6: Nizwá
Day 7: Nizwá/Muscat
Day 8: Muscat
- Hotel (6 nts), desert camp (1 nt).
7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD210-275 for meals not included.
- Walking, private bus, 4x4 vehicle.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Muscat city tour
- Bimmah Sinkhole and Sur dhow shipyard visit
- Ras al-Jinz turtle sanctuary night walk (seasonal)
- Wahiba Sands desert camp
- Nizwá cattle market
- Mud houses of Misfat al Abyreen walk
- Any international flights to/from Muscat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Oman tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 117 today.
- Earn US$ 78+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Oman tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 December 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Oman tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Oman tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.