- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-6600
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Stand on top of Oman, with the vast Grand Canyon at your feet and take the scenic route down through the mountains to Muscat.
- Walk through remote villages, tucked between mountains and at the bottom of valleys, lush with date palms and full of friendly locals.
- Scramble to the top of the Wahiba Sands dunes for incredible sunset and sunrise views, and experience traditional Omani hospitality over coffee and dates with a Bedouin family.
- Discover Oman's most phenomenal castles and mosques with guided visits to the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque and Jabreen Castle.
- Step back in time with a night in Nizwa, staying in a heritage property in the heart of the old town, and stroll the souq for souvenirs.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Eden Reforestation Projects. Donations help them provide local employment opportunities and tackle climate change one tree at a time as they restore forests across 10 different countries.
- Show more
Adventure from portside Muscat and Muttrah into the heart of Oman's richly coloured past. Discover the awesome Islamic forts, age-old mud-brick houses, and silver- and spice-filled souqs that make this Middle Eastern jewel such a feast for the senses. The treasures aren't all man-made: trip to the blazing remote landscapes of Wahiba Sands for a desert getaway with the Bedouins, and soak up breathtaking canyon views at Jebel Shams and Wadi Bani Awf before returning to the seaside capital.
Day 1: Muscat
Day 2: Muscat
Day 3: Ras al Jinz
Day 4: Wahiba Sands
Day 5: Nizwa
Day 6: Jebel Shams
Day 7: Muscat
Day 8: Muscat
- Hotel (5 nights), Heritage stay (1 night), Desert hotel (1 night)
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 3 Dinners
- Mini Bus , 4x4
- An expert tour leader
- Muscat - Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque
- Muscat - Sidab Women's Group visit with lunch
- Ras Al Jinz - Turtle Reserve
- Hawiyat Najim Park - Bimmah Sinkhole
- Wadi Tiwi - Visit
- Wadi Bani Khalid - Visit and swim stop
- Wahiba Sands – Desert dune sunset
- Sur - Dhow factory visit
- Nizwa - Jabreen Castle
- Wahiba Sands - Bedouin family visit
- Misfat Al Abyreen - Village walk & beekeeper visit
- Nizwa - Souq visit
- Jebel Shams - Grand Canyon scenic drive
- Bilad Sait - Fortress villlage visit
- Jebel Shams - Balcony walk (1 hour)
- Any international flights to/from Muscat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Oman tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 107+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Oman tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Oman tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Oman tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- When visiting a mosque, it's important to show respect by dressing appropriately, even in the heat. Women must cover their heads and chest, arms and legs must be entirely covered in loose-fitting clothing. Men also need to cover their arms and legs.
- 4x4 vehicles are used on most parts of the trip as we travel around Oman. You will travel in convoy style and due to the configuration of the vehicles there may be times when you are not travelling with your leader. It is possible your driver will not speak English.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.