- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See Muscat's Grand Mosque and colourful Mutrah Souq
- Camp and 4WD in the dunes at Wahiba Sands
- Enjoy spectacular views from Jebel Shams over the Grand Canyon of Arabia
- Witness the unmissable weekly live auction cattle market in Nizwa
Oman, the most beautiful of the Gulf States boasts a rich culture and ancient heritage waiting to be discovered during this one week cultural adventure. Starting off in the capital of Muscat, here we gaze in awe at the Grand Mosque, wander through the colourful Mutrah Souq and see the Omani capital and coastline through seafarers eyes on a traditional dhow cruise. No visit to Oman is complete without exploring their magnificent landscapes on offer; camp and 4WD in the dunes of the Wahiba Sands; marvel at stunning views over the 'Grand Canyon of Arabia' from Jebel Shams, Oman's highest mountain; wade in the cooling, turquoise waters of some of the land's most idyllic desert oasis' and uncover the historic forts before witnessing the weekly live auction cattle market in Nizwa, an event not to be missed!
Start Muscat; afternoon Dhow cruise and visit Mutrah Souq
Visit Muscat's Grand Mosque; onto Sur via beautiful Wadi Shab. Evening visit
to Turtle reserve
Drive to Wadi Bani Khalid, swim in the turquoise pools and enjoy a picnic
lunch. Continue to Wahiba Sands and explore the spectacular dunes. Overnight
in desert camp
Morning visit to a Bedouin family and enjoy Omani coffee; visit Birkat al
Mouz and walk through its oasis and date plantations; onto Nizwa
Transfer to Jabrin, one of Oman's finest castles; stop at historic Bahla
Fort; enjoy a walk and picnic lunch in Wadi Nakher. Visit Jebel Shams for
See Nizwa's famous cattle auction market, fort and Souq; continue to Nakhal
fort and hot spring; back to Muscat for final evening
- 5 nights hotels & 1 night desert camp, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 5 dinners included
- Travel by air-conditioned minibus and 4WD
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival & departure transfers for group flights
- Group normally 4 to 15 plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Muscat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this A Week in Oman tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 86+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this A Week in Oman tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 245 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 18 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
A Week in Oman tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this A Week in Oman tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.