- Countryside and village visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- 4x4, quad and ATV trips
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Immerse yourself in Omani cultural history as you wander among the exhibits of Muscat's Bait Zubair Museum.
- Stand in awe of gorgeous landscapes and visit centuriesold mountain villages on a journey into the foothills of Oman's highest peak, Jebel Shams.
- Get a glimpse of the 'real' Oman in the charming fishing village of Barka, a lovely spot to watch the day's catch being hauled in.
- Treat yourself some traditional Omani hospitality in a Peregrine Feature Stay – a onenight camping getaway under the stars in the Wahiba Sands.
This is the Arabia of Aladdin’s dreams. Explore the historic city of Muscat and drive along the coast to the bubbling fishing village of Seeb. By 4WD, travel to the rugged interior and the splendid forts of Nakhal and Al Hazm, framed by the spectacular Jebel Akhdar Mountains. Continue on to explore the beautiful oasis at Wadi Bani Khaled, before entering the vast Wahiba Sands – where we sleep at a rustic desert camp under a blanket of brilliant stars. The charming oasis of Lisq and the village of Mudaibi, further reveal the local life of Oman, as does a browse of the fabulous souk of ancient Nizwa. Meet the people, learn of their delicate silverware, woodwork and embroidery, and unwind in the cool heights of the Mountain of the Sun, all before a further wander of the wonderful maze of Muscat.
Barka – Nakhal – Al Hazm – Muscat
Wadi Bani Khalid – Wahiba Sands
Ibra – Jabrin – Bahla – Nizwa
Misfah – Al Harma – Jabal Shams – Muscat
- Comfortable hotel (5 nights), Comfortable tented camp (1 night) (Feature Stay)
- 6 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- 4WD vehicle , Private vehicle
- Muscat - Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque
- Muscat - Jalali & Mirani Fort visit
- Muscat - Muttrah Souq visit
- Muscat - Bait Zubair Museum
- Muscat - Sidab Womens Corporation with Coffee
- Al Hazm - Fort visit
- Nakhal - Fort visit
- Misfat Al Abriyeen - Village visit
- Jebel Shams - Grand Canyon visit
- Al Hamra - Village Walk
- Jabrin - Fort visit
- Nizwa - Fort visit - Entry Fee
- Wahiba Sands - included Dinner
- Nizwa - Souq visit
- Wadi Bani Khalid - traditional lunch with Bedouin Family
- Wadi Bani Khalid - Visit
- Any international flights to/from Muscat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this A Taste of Oman tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this A Taste of Oman tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 March 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
A Taste of Oman tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this A Taste of Oman tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- When visiting a mosque, it's important to show respect by dressing appropriately, even in the heat. Ladies should cover their arms and wear a head scarf; trousers or a long skirt are recommended. Gentlemen are required to wear trousers and long sleeved shirts.
- 4WD vehicles are used on most parts of the trip as we travel around Oman. You will travel in convoy style and due to the configuration of the vehicles there may be times where you are not travelling in the same vehicle as your leader. It is possible your driver will not speak English.
- In 2021, Ramadan will take place from 12 April to 11 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience. However, some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers