- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn and experience the Sámi culture
- Try dogsledding and snowshoeing in the Arctic
- Twoday wilderness expedition on forest skis
- Chance to see the Northern Lights
This winter adventure takes us to the heart of Lapland, some 200 km above the Arctic Circle, where nature is raw and powerful and deep endless forests and mighty rivers dominate the landscape. We base ourselves at Rajamaa, where the Malmström family have been welcoming guests since 1986. Situated on an island in the River Muonio between Sweden and Finland, the local village has only seven inhabitants two of which are our hosts for the week! Immersed in one of the most spectacular untamed wilderness areas Europe has to offer, we spend a week learning about the Sami culture and connecting with nature while trying a variety of activities including dogsledding, snowshoeing and forest skiing. Our trip culminates with a two-day expedition in the forest, where we stay overnight in a traditional log cabin and, with luck, enjoy the magical display of the Northern Lights.
Day 1: Start Rajamaa, Swedish Lapland.
Day 2: Snowshoeing through wintry landscape; spot local fauna and enjoy lunch in the
forest; walk back to the chalets over frozen swamps and hills.
Day 3: Enjoy thrilling dogsledding tour through the forest; afternoon introduction
to forest skiing.
Day 4: Free day; optional snowmobile safari.
Day 5: Spend a morning with a local Sami family and learn of their culture, ancient
traditions and reindeer herding; enjoy the sauna back at the lodge.
Day 6: Set off on a two-day wilderness expedition on forest skis; stay overnight in
a log-cabin; chance to see the Northern Lights.
Day 7: Ski back to Rajamaa; relax in the sauna and enjoy farewell dinner.
Day 8: End Rajamaa, Swedish Lapland.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 6 nights fully equipped chalets with twin rooms and shared facilities; 1 night wilderness cabin (dormitory-style)
- 5 days of mixed activities and 1 free day
- Group normally 6 to 14, plus guides and instructors. Min age 16 years
- Arctic clothing provided
- Local tour leader throughout
- All specialist equipment (see packing list in Trip Notes)
- Any international flights to/from Muonionalusta (rajamaa) are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Lapland Wilderness Week tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 108+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lapland Wilderness Week tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 310 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 07 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Lapland Wilderness Week tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lapland Wilderness Week tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.