- Sightseeing tour
- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- VIP Admission to the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna
- Explore Salzburg and Vienna with a Local Specialist
- Discover Munich and Innsbruck
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle, the alpine resort of Berchtesgaden, the Church made famous in the film 'The Sound of Music' in Mondsee, Graz and the Lipizzaner Stud farm in Piber
The perfect travel experience for lovers of the outdoors and history, this trip inspired by the Sound of Music brings the beauty of the Alps and familiar views from the silver screen to life. You’ll hear all the stories of Bavaria and beyond spending quality time with locals.
Day 1: Welcome to Munich
Day 2: Discover Bavarian Munich
Day 3: Onwards to Neuschwanstein Castle and Innsbruck
Day 4: Spend a Day in Alpine Innsbruck
Day 5: Journey to Salzburg
Day 6: Explore Spectacular Salzburg, Mondsee and on to Villach
Day 7: Off to Piber and Vienna
Day 8: See the Sights of Vienna
Day 9: Farewell Vienna
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 2 Dinners
- 8 Breakfasts
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Welcome Reception
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Any international flights to Munich and from Vienna are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sound of Music tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 99+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sound of Music tour. You can cancel the tour up to 120 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 119 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 May 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 May 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 119 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sound of Music tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sound of Music tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 29 people.
- Groups traveling together will be seated together, and face coverings will be required where mandated, otherwise it is the choice of our guests if they wish to wear face coverings when traveling on the coach. Additionally, all surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day, and due to our high performing air filters the air within the coach will be completely filtered and changed every 2-3 minutes
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children aged 5-15, who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.