- Festivals and events
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Shopping and markets
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This trip takes you to a variety of Christmas markets across central Europe. Contrast the various traditions, cuisines and of course, mulled wine, in several amazing cities
- Munich's Christmas markets are probably the most famous of them all. Authentic Bavarian food, ale and music make this an unforgettable Christmas experience
- Explore Salzburg’s markets and travel high above the rooftops of the Baroque historical district to the fully preserved castle, the Hohensalzburg Fortress
- Vienna's Christmas markets are as ornamental as its architecture. Austria's capital provides a spectacular seasonal shopping affair, with tonnes of handcrafted toys, candles and paintings on offer. Where better to pick up those lastminute gifts?
Indulge the senses by exploring the best of Central Europe’s festive market scene. Feel the bustling energy of Munich’s charismatic Christmas markets, savour the smell of spicy festive delights in Salzburg, see the sights of vibrant Vienna and take a therapeutic soak in the thermal baths of Budapest. Meander from stall to stall, discovering new sights, sounds, flavours and fashions.
- Hotel (7 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Train , Metro
- An expert tour leader
- Munich - Welcome Dinner
- Munich - Gluehwein (Mulled Wine) Tasting
- Munich - Christmas Market Visit
- Salzburg - Christmas Market Visit
- Salzburg - Hohensalzburg Fortress Visit
- Salzburg - Hohensalzburg Cable Car
- Vienna - Christmas Market Visit
- Budapest - Christmas Market Visit
- Any international flights to Munich and from Budapest are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Europe Christmas Markets: Munich to Budapest tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Europe Christmas Markets: Munich to Budapest tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Europe Christmas Markets: Munich to Budapest tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Europe Christmas Markets: Munich to Budapest tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- While the Christmas markets we visit are all beautiful, they can get very busy, so please be prepared for crowds. We'll also spend a considerable amount of time outdoors, and as it is winter it would be advisable you bring warm clothing and are adequately prepared for the weather.
- The primary means of transportation on this trip is by train. Train travel is a fast way to traverse long distances, allowing you to avoid traffic jams and arrive right into the city centre. Trains are comfortable and often decked out with air-conditioning, toilets, a snack bar (or vending machine) and power points. Please note that you'll have to carry your own luggage on and off the train, so make sure it doesn’t exceed our weight and size recommendations. You can find this information in the 'Packing' section of the Essential Trip Information.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same sex. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details. Also, hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Climate and seasonal
Joining point description