- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Mumbai Sightseeing tour including visit to Dharavi, 'Slumdog Millionaire' quarter
- Ajanta Caves Excursion to see famous Buddhist cave paintings
- Ellora Temples Explore the great Siva temple called Kailasa (the Hindu Olympus)
- Bijapur Visit the vast Gol Gumbaz tomb
Central India offers an insight into the country's historical riches such as the rock-strewn Vijayanagara ruins of Hampi. Starting from bustling Mumbai, we journey through the Deccan Plateau's highlights before relaxing on the white sandy beaches of Goa.
Mumbai - Sightseeing tour including visit to Dharavi, 'Slumdog Millionaire' quarter
Bijapur - Visit the vast Gol Gumbaz, the Deccan mausoleum of king Mohammed Adil Shah
Ajanta and Ellora- Explore the UNESCO painted caves and rock-cut temples
Lots of great things about this trip: Day of the Dead in Oaxaca was amazing! Loads of different pre-Hispanic sites (and good historical commentary), fascinating opportunities to experience indigenous communities (the visit to San Juan Chamula in San Cristóbal was utterly unique and a real high spot), chances to buy high quality textiles made by local people, variety of accommodation including the Frontera lodge which we accessed by riverboat. ”
Day 1 : Join trip in Mumbai; late afternoon visit to Colaba area
Day 2 : Sightseeing in Mumbai
Day 3 : Train to Aurangabad
Day 4 : Excursion to Ajanta
Day 5 : Visit Daulatabad Fort and Ellora Caves; overnight train to Hyderabad
Day 6 : Arrive in Hyderabad; tour of Hyderabad
Day 7 : Drive to Bidar; Afternoon visit palaces and tombs
Day 8 : Drive to Gulbarga, drive on to Bijapur
Day 9 : Bijapur; visit mosque and bazaar. Drive to Badami
Day 10 : Morning in Badami and drive to Hospet
Day 11 : Day in Hampi
Day 12 : Train to Goa
Day 13 : Morning visit to Old Goa and then free afternoon
Day 14 : Trip ends in Goa
- 12 Breakfast
- 10 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple overnight train
- 2 nights simple hotel
- Bus, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Mumbai and from Goa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Treasures of Central India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 100 today.
- Save US$ 67+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Treasures of Central India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 190 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 23 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Treasures of Central India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Treasures of Central India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.