- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Observe another side of the Indian slums, one that will undoubtedly leave you in awe!
- Engage with locals and learn about their everyday life.
Go on this tour and explore another side to Dharavi than simply just the biggest slum in Asia, as it is known for being. Look, feel, view, taste and hear your way through Dharavi, Mumbai.
The tour will take of from Churchgate Railway station in Dharavi. Dharavi is a slum in Mumbai and is one of the world’s largest, but also much more than that. You will get to visit the Community Centre that provides education in English, computers and other things that might be needful to the teenagers in Dharavi.
Afterwards you will be taken to a recycling area of computers and also enjoy the view from a Dharavi factory rooftop. From up there you will be able to see tin hutments as far as your eyes can see - a fascinating view. If the Biscuit Bakery is open the guide will show you where the popular tea biscuits are made and then continue on to see how poppadoms are made. Poppadoms are an essential appetizer of any Indian meal and the making of them is quite interesting. You will also get to explore a resident’s house and afterwards watch all sorts of pots being made out of sun dried and unfired clay. All in all this is a tour that will show you another side to Dharavi.
- Transportation during the tour
- Soft drink
- English speaking guide
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Meeting point transfers
- Optional gratuities
- Bookmundi is partner with Bamba . You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 1 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 19 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 19 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Mumbai Slum Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mumbai Slum Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.