- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Overland Journeys
- duration 24 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 24
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore chaotic and fascinating Mumbai
- Relax on a fascinating train ride to the coast of Goa
- Discover the lost kingdom of Vijayanagar in the magnificent ruined city of Hampi
- Explore the amazing Maharaja's Palace of Mysore
A wonderfully laid back trip; the beaches of Northern and Southern Goa combine with those of Vagator further south to allow us time to chill, away from the hustle and bustle of life on the road. Add to this a guesthouse stay in the cool mountain air and tea plantations of Wayanad and boating through the backwaters of Kerala, and you get a vision of the nature of this trip.
The route takes in some of India's most spectacular temples and sites of antiquity, including the vast 7th Century Virupaksha Temple at Hampi and the 8th Century Shore Temple at Mahabalipuram.
No visit to India is complete without visiting its great cities and centres, and this trip has three of the pearls; the frenetic pace and modernity of Mumbai, the smells, spices and gardens of Mysore and the history and heat of Kochi. But to top it all off, you will get the chance to watch the sunset over the Indian Ocean, on the southernmost point of India, Kanyakumari (also known as Cape Comorin).
Day 1: Mumbai
Day 2: Mumbai
Day 3: Goa
Day 4: Goa
Day 5: Old Goa
Day 6: Old Goa
Day 7: Hampi
Day 8: Hampi
Day 9: Mysore
Day 10: Mysore
Day 11: Wayanad
Day 12: Wayanad
Day 13: Kochi
Day 14: Kochi
Day 15: Alleppey
Day 16: Varkala
Day 17: Varkala
Day 18: Varkala
Day 19: Kanyakumari
Day 20: Madurai
Day 21: Pondicherry
Day 22: Pondicherry
Day 23: Chennai
Day 24: Chennai
- Comfortable Hotel 2 nights
- Overnight Train 1 night
- Basic Hotel 13 nights
- Guesthouse 6 nights
- Overnight Boat 1 night
- 6 Breakfasts
- 2 Lunches
- 3 Dinner
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Train, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Any international flights to Mumbai and from Chennai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Goa & the Deep South tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 127 today.
- Earn US$ 84+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Goa & the Deep South tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 April 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Goa & the Deep South tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Goa & the Deep South tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.