- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 7+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb Mt Meru, the 5th highest mountain in Africa located 70 km away from Mt Kilimanjaro
- Spot wildlife while trekking through the surroundings of Arusha National Park
- Enjoy a route significantly less crowded than Kilimanjaro
The ascent is quite steep and the route to the summit passes over streams, through parklands, forests and a moorland. You will reach the summit via a narrow, barren ridge, which provides stunning views. The technical requirements for climbing Mount Meru are greater than on Kilimanjaro routes.
In addition to climbing the mountain, this trip also offers trekkers the chance to spot a wide variety of wildlife as the mountain falls within Arusha National Park.
We will drive you back to your accommodation in Moshi after the climb is over. Please scroll down to the itinerary section for more details.
We are delighted to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us and we meet your expectations.
It is our intention to offer the great service so that our guests can still enjoy their vacation memories once they are back home.
Moreover we thank you for your wonderful comments to our staff which of course have been shared with the entire team.
It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.
Day 1: Moshi – Miriakamba Hut (2,500m)
Day 2: Miriakamba Hut – Saddle Hut (3,500m)
Day 3: Saddle Hut – Meru Summit (4,566m)– Miriakamba Hut – Moshi
- Meals: 3 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches & 2 Dinners
- Accommodation as per the itinerary, including two additional nights in Moshi, one night before Day 1 and one night on Day 3
- An experienced, English-speaking driver/guide
- Park entrance fees
- Porterage charges
- Drinking water
- All transportation
- All taxes and VAT
- Rescue fees
- Group equipment & gear
- International/domestic flights
- Travel insurance
- Tanzania visa fees
- Personal climbing gear not included
- Activities mentioned optional in the itinerary
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Tips for guides, cook & porters
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.