Ten-Day Kilimanjaro Climb: Northern Circuit
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 7-79 yrs
- max group size 25
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Tour Code BM-31510
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English, French, German, Spanish
- Climb to the top of Africa's highest mountain. Enjoy amazing scenery
- Take the route that offers a better acclimatisation opportunity
- Soak up delightful views along the way
The trail starts at the Londorossi Gate on the western side of the mountain and turns north on reaching close the Lava Tower, subsequent to its intersection with the Shira Plateau. It then circles clockwise from Moir Hut to Buffalo Camp to School Hut before summiting the mountain from the east.
Please note that two nights' accommodation, one night each before and after the climb, is included in the tour price. For more details, please scroll down to the itinerary section.
Day 1: Moshi – Londorossi Gate – Mti Mkubwa
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa – Shira 1 Camp
Day 3: Shira 1 Camp – Shira 2 Camp
Day 4: Shira 2 Camp – Lava Tower – Moir Hut
Day 5: Moir Hut – Buffalo Camp
Day 6: Buffalo Camp – Third Cave
Day 7: Third Cave – School Hut
Day 8: School Hut – Uhuru Peak – Crater Camp
Day 9: Crater Camp – Mweka Camp
Day 10: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi
- Meals: 10 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches and 9 Dinners
- Camping fees for the duration of the climb. 2 nights' accommodation, one night each before and after the climb
- Private transport from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodation in Moshi. Private drop-off transfer back to Kilimanjaro Airport for your departure flight
- Transport to and from Kilimanjaro gate
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cook and porters
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- National park entry fees
- Double layered sleeping mats
- 4-season mountain tents
- Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- We provide fair wages to the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Emergency first aid kit
- Portable oxygen tanks & oximeter
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Government tax
- International/domestic flights
- Travel insurance
- Tanzania visa charges
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Lunch & dinner at your hotel before and after climb
- A single supplement for solo travelers
- All drinks
- Private portable toilet with portable tent. You can rent this for USD 100 to be shared in a group
- Tips for guides, porters and cook
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?