- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- age requirement 7+ years old
- age_requirement 7+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb to the top of Africa's highest mountain. Enjoy amazing scenery
- Take the route that offers a better acclimatisation opportunity
- Soak up delightful views along the way
The trail starts at the Londorossi Gate on the western side of the mountain and turns north on reaching close the Lava Tower, subsequent to its intersection with the Shira Plateau. It then circles clockwise from Moir Hut to Buffalo Camp to School Hut before summiting the mountain from the east.
Please note that two nights' accommodation, one night each before and after the climb, is included in the tour price. For more details, please scroll down to the itinerary section.
My husband and I feel like we went with appropriate expectations about the degree of comfort we were likely to encounter on the trip
We had really good guides and support! while, our cook made sure to cook the way we requested and we were always satisfied. I still find it hard to imagine the courage, the strength and patience with which the whole team got through each day with huge smiles
I suffered on the summit night gladly I had attitude sickness medication,our Guide was patient and had great empathy for Usand will always be grateful to the guys for looking after us so well,
After our climb, we went on a 3 days Camping safari drive to the Serengeti and Ngoro Ngoro crater. Once again, the level of service was just Incredible. Our guide Bakari was knowledgeable and flexible and managed to find all the big 5 for us. It was definitely the trip of a lifetime Bakari would drive long drives, then still have the energy to set up our tents...
I cannot speak more highly of this company as It was very affordable and they provided great service and would recommend booking with them if you are thinking of trekking Kilimanjaro or go on a safari.”
Thank you very much for your heart warming comments. I am happy that you had amazing Kilimanjaro Climb and great safari experience 'Trip of a Lifetime"
Thank you very much for your recommendation
Plus, I will pass on your motivating words to the rest of the team, and hope to see you back soon.
Upon arrival at the airport we were greeted by the generous man by the name of Nickson. He honestly couldn't be more welcoming and friendly. He leaded us to the transport. His English was very easy to understand, His driving skills were excellent and we had a great time with him in the car not only upon the arrival but also the departure day
Since this was our first to in Tanzania-Kilimanjaro, I cannot write this review without mentioning the Best guide of all time Bakari and Bryson Not only are they great at their jobs but they are super friendly and insanely polite. Plus, we didn't have one complaint about the food. The food was amazing and for that I would especially point out Kulwa [chef].
In short the whole crew was more than helpful yet made sure we were always ok with everything and anything we needed and they were nice and attentive to us the whole time and few of the crew actually became friends during our course of Kilimanjaro
Along with Ramadhan, He was like the master of all song I can say! He kept the party alive for us during the time we were at the mountain!! It was fun singing and dancing with the crew I promise he could win Kilimanjaro Idol,
Im not saying climbing Kilimanjaro Mountain was easy. Cause honestly it was difficult at some point and challenging but Im saying with the right choice of the company as Kilisa Tours that got great crew makes the whole experience worthy and somehow easy
After the summit we had five days left with to Tanzania and due to the top notch service we had at the mountain we decided to also go on a 3- days safari to Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro and a day trip a chemka hot spring after. Nothing went wrong the whole experience was Incredible
Our only real complaint the entire time was that had to leave get back home to get back to our jobs. LOL!
will be ungrateful if I didnt give the special thanks to our guide, porters and cooker from Kilisa Tours without you this couldnt be done. Thank you very much our friends. It was a trip of a lifetime and We were definitely not disappointed, All thanks to Kilisa and I would highly recommend it to you”
The fact that you have returned home with happy memories, thrills us
We always try to provide you a memorable stay and make your experience unforgettable and we are delighted to know we have succeed!
We love to read reviews filled with feelings and love like your! We are so pleased to hear that you really had an amazing experience
We will be very happy to welcome you again
Day 1: Moshi – Londorossi Gate – Mti Mkubwa
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa – Shira 1 Camp
Day 3: Shira 1 Camp – Shira 2 Camp
Day 4: Shira 2 Camp – Lava Tower – Moir Hut
Day 5: Moir Hut – Buffalo Camp
Day 6: Buffalo Camp – Third Cave
Day 7: Third Cave – School Hut
Day 8: School Hut – Uhuru Peak – Crater Camp
Day 9: Crater Camp – Mweka Camp
Day 10: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi
- Meals: 10 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches and 9 Dinners
- Camping fees for the duration of the climb. 2 nights' accommodation, one night each before and after the climb
- Private transport from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodation in Moshi. Private drop-off transfer back to Kilimanjaro Airport for your departure flight
- Transport to and from Kilimanjaro gate
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cook and porters
- Team Kilimanjaro rescue fees
- National park entry fees
- Double layered sleeping mats
- 4-season mountain tents
- Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- We provide fair wages to the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA) & Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Emergency first aid kit
- Portable oxygen tanks & oximeter
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Government tax
- International/domestic flights
- Travel insurance
- Tanzania visa charges
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Lunch & dinner at your hotel before and after climb
- A single supplement for solo travelers
- All drinks
- Private portable toilet with portable tent. You can rent this for USD 100 to be shared in a group
- Tips for guides, porters and cook
- Earn US$ 89+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.